21

JayJay's P.O.V.

I was still wrapped in Reili's hug, and the others were waking due to Reili's scream event. I patted her back and Cora was first to see me, Britt came nearly milliseconds later.

Soon I had been engulfed in a group hug. Human interaction felt good, just knowing someone is there. I hugged back and regretted staying locked in that room.

"Oh, did you hear that song Shawn wrote about you?" My heart dropped. I swallowed roughly, and nodd my head.

"Cora, she was locked upstairs for days, I highly doubt she heard his new song" Brittney says eyeing Cora. It was funny, I don't know what she had against her but, whatevs.

"Guys, it might not even be wrote about her" Reili says. She wasn't being subtle, I'll tell ya that.

"You guys don't have to act like you're walking on eggshells around me" I say, tasting every word on my tongue. It felt like I was learning to talk again.

"I know I'm sorry, but listen to his new song. Please?" Reili says already pulling out her phone. It was clear I had no choice so I didn't comment, and just listened.

I listened to the lyrics and almost started crying. The lyrics hit me, like a bus. I could only hope it wasn't about me but I knew I still wanted it to be.

I was acting like a crazy fan girl. Thinking his song was about me.

I promise that one day I'll be around

I'll keep you safe

I'll keep you sound

Right now it's pretty crazy

And I don't know how to stop or slow it down

Hey

I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay

So let me hold you for a little longer now

Take a piece of my heart

And make it all your own

So when we are apart

You'll never be alone [x2]

When you miss me close your eyes

I may be far but never gone

When you fall sleep tonight just remember that we lay under the same stars

And hey

I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay

Just let me hold you for a little longer now

And take a piece of my heart

And make it all your own

So when we are apart

You'll never be alone [x6]

And take a piece of my heart

And make it all your own

So when we are apart

You'll never be alone

Never be alone.

The song ended, and I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I shook my head no. "That wasn't about me.....sorry. But it wasn't" I say getting up and going into the kitchen. I rummage through the cabinets frustratedly, and knock a few things down.

I grab a box and pull out a Nutter Butter, and tuck it into my sweater pocket. I walk to the fridge, and steal a ramóne. I walk into the living room and sit down again.

Reili looks at me sadly, and I turn my head. I didn't want to be pitied, but I was acting like a child.

"I just don't want your pity" I say lowly and a little shakily. I'm pulled into another hug. Reili offers me her hand, so I take it.

"Come stay with me. Shawn can come back here, and you can stay with me" She says pleadingly. I nod and follow her and Brittney. I give Cora a goodbye hug, and walked out to my truck.

"I'll meet you guys there" I say getting in. Reili nods and we both head out. I was ready to have support, I was ready to accept help.