"You can," I nudged her, "And you will. My mother will be terribly disappointed if you reject her efforts, you know. And it's magic," I held out her hand and slipped it on her ring finger. It glimmered as it touched her skin. Her eyes watched me in wonder as I slowly turned her palm to face me. The Malfoy crest was etching itself onto the band, in a flurry of miniature sparks. "With a protection charm. Basic, of course, but as long as you have it on, I'll know if you're in trouble."

"I'm not going to be." she drew her eyes away from admiring it, and stood up on her tip-toes to kiss me. "I'm with you."

Her eyes were teasing as she slipped out of her night dress, and let her hair down. I tried not to gape at how it canvassed her shoulders perfectly. She winked at me, her eyes shining brightly as she tugged at my jacket. Locking my eyes with hers, I pulled it down my arms and tossed behind me, not even caring where it landed as I reached up to kiss her. Her arms went around my neck and I backed down the hallway into the bathroom, fumbling with the lock as I tore my shirt off. She wrapped her legs around my waist as the warm water made contact with her skin. I tried to resist myself as I felt her against me, and saw her green eyes beseeching me. Her hair was damp, sticking to her face, and she was breathing heavily. I turned so the water wasn't immediatly beating down on her, and pressed her against the wall. Her eyes closed and her back arched on impact with the cold tile, so I slid my hand between her and the paving. "You sure you wanna do this, Barnes?" I asked, barely able to keep my voice above a whisper. "Because I don't trust myself if we go any further."

"Draco," she leaned forward to bring my face closer to hers. "Just stop talking."

__

Bree

30 mins later

__

"I don't want this to end," I reached up to  ruffle his hair. "I kind of like just having it be the two of us."

He chucked, rubbing my neck, where a bruise was starting to form. "I never pictured you as the wild type, Barnesy, I must say."

I rolled my eyes. "I did go to public secondary schools, Draco, you're forgetting that."

"I never said I didn't like it," he kissed the bruise. "I'm just glad you save that fire for me."

"Please," I wrapped my arms around his neck. "There's no one else but you."

"LOVEBIRDS?" Narcissa shouted, knocking on the door. "THE TRAIN LEAVES IN 10 MINUTES, DRACO!"

I looked at him in panic. "God, my mother is the worst," he pulled on his towel. I followed suit. "COMING, MOM!" he yelled back. 

"DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE!" she shouted again, peppered with laughter.

"You think she knows?" I squealed in embarrassment as I wrung out my hair.

"Definitely," he grinned, securing it around his waist. "Considering neither of us made it to the second shower she had the elves run."

"Oh, Merlin, I'm mortified," I moaned, reaching for the towel in his hand. He reclaimed his offer just as I swiped, and raised his eyebrows impishly. "Shame you can't look like this all the time, Barnes," he winked. "It really is a hell of a view."

Two can play this game, Malfoy

"Really?" I widened my eyes and pressed my body against him. Batting my eyelashes, it was hard not to break character as I watched him fight to resist. I ran my fingers daintily across his chest, teasing him, until the towel was within grabbing distance. I snatched it gleefully, and waved it in front of his face. He looked like he'd been snapped out of a trance. "Don't get too used to it, Lover Boy," I giggled. "You'll always have to keep working for it when it comes to me." I kissed him quickly before he could react and slipped out of the room before he could protest.

Narcissa had laid out one of her old uniform skirts and shirts, and one of Draco's third year vests to fit me. I changed quickly, trying to avoid looking at my Dark Mark, and descended the stairs to find her. "Oh, don't you look ravishing," she clasped her hands together excitedly. "I only wish I could have had your figure in my school days." She pulled me into a hug. "Please come back soon, dear. We love your company...and I know....Draco appreciates you very much," she gave me a knowing smile, but then lowered her voice. "I'm so sorry about his father. If it could have been me," she rolled up her sleeve sadly to show me the hideous ink akin to mine, "I would have taken it for you."

"Mrs. Malfoy..." I didn't know what to say. "I'm so sorry."

"It's more of a formality," she dismissed me with a wave, but I felt the wall of emotions she'd built and trained not to cave behind her words. "But I understand what you're going through. I can only imagine, going this road so young, and I can only wish that Lucius waited to put him through it..." her gaze wandered up to Draco's room. "But in a selfish way, I'm almost glad he has you."

"And I him," I forced myself to look, but I couldn't bear more than a few seconds. 

"That was very brave, darling," she squeezed my hand. "Not even Lucius would give his life for me or my son. I'll spend the rest of my life owing you that debt."

"Please, Mrs. Malfoy," I held up my hand to stop her. "I think we've all been punished enough by the clouds of debt."

"Right. Of course." she withdrew for a moment. When she spoke again, I was surprised at the entry of light into her voice. "I knew your mother, you know."

"You did?" I was facing her now. I could feel my eyes blazing with desperation. "Can you tell me about her?"

"There are so many stories," her eyes were wistful as she drifted into a land of better times, forgetting to take me with her. "More than time itself could tell. But the Andie I remember most....oh, Breeanne," she cupped my chin and I could've sworn I saw tears well in the corners of her eyes. "She would be so proud of you."