chapter 20: The Cycle

Last night had been beyond wild, and Blaise and Pansy had demanded to hear every detail from the setting to the look in Harry's eyes when Draco had semi-outed himself.

When the Slytherin awoke, he found himself refreshed. That's when he knew something was insanely wrong. Draco wasn't a morning person, but when he opened his eyes to the blazing sunlight he smiled. That was the first clue that he must be dying.

"Mate... are you feeling alright?" Crabbe asked, frowning a bit at Draco's aura of cheerfulness.

"Never better." He took a deep breath, and inhaled the air, "Does it smell ambrosial to anyone else this morning?"

Goyle blinked, "What did he say?"

"Don't bust his bubble. Let him have his five minutes of morning sunshine." Blaise replied, as he grinned at Draco as if he were Zabini's own child.

Draco threw on his robes, and skipped down to the Dungeons for Potions.

He found Harry, already sitting at his stool, and plopped down beside him, "Morning, Princess."

Harry blushed, "Morning, sunshine."

The two made small talk for a while, and made it through class without drawing too much attention. What was out of place? It was just two students who had despised one another from their first night at Hogwarts hanging out. Nothing was weird about that. Nothing at all.

As everyone left class, and wandered into the the corridors, Draco reached forward, grabbed Harry by his hips and spun him around, pulling him close, "Well, look at that." He whispered, "I caught you."

"I guess you did." Harry murmured back, wrapping his arms around the taller boy.

The two held their embrace for a long while. That was until the school's gossip, Lavender Brown saw the two and rushed up behind Harry, "What is going on here?!"

"Breakfast." Harry mumbled, sarcastically.

Draco shoved the Gryffindor boy away from him, "Nothing! Potter is just being the queer he admits to."

At least, that's how it went down in Harry's head. Rather, Draco rested his head on Potter's and stared at Lavender with calm eyes, "What does it look like?"

Lav was in complete shock, "Y-Y-You're gay?"

The blonde's smile faded a little, "If you want to be a hundred percent honest, yes."

Harry squeezed Draco's arm, gazing up at him with the brightest smile.

Brown smiled widely, "Do you know how much Dayton would pay for this information?"

Malfoy chuckled, mirthlessly, "Oh, no! Whatever shall we do, Potter?"

"I dunno, Malfoy. What do you want to do?" Harry giggled back.

"Hmm... well, Lavender..." He pulled Harry closer, "Go right ahead and tell him."

"I don't think you want that, and I know I don't. I won't be that girl that outed that kid. You come out in your own time." She whipped around and stomped off.

Harry's heart did a warm titter, "Why didn't you pull away?"

"Huh?" The blonde turned his attention back to the little.

"Why didn't you pull away?"

"Oh, Harry. When will you trust me enough to realize I'm not faking anything. If I have feelings for someone- that someone being you- I won't deny them and of myself in indulging in them. Don't you trust me?" His words were soft, and kind.