Chapter 17 | "that was rude"

Start from the beginning

"Training with him again?" He questions, slight jealousy and frustration in his tone. Jihyun looks at him, seeing him struggle to remain neutral.

"Jae, you promised to try, remember? Yes, I'm going to be with Jaemin, and we're going to train. Nothing else is going to happen." She says carefully, emphasizing each word seriously. He takes a deep breath and nods his head, smiling at her before climbing into his car.

- - -

It was finally the end of the school day and Jihyun went straight to the training center. The lights were off when she walked in, so she flicked them on and put her stuff down on the side, waiting for the boys to show up.

She started stretching to warm up when she heard strange rustling noises coming from the far end of the large room. It was dark in that corner so she could't see anything.

"Is someone here?" she called out, grasping onto her gun and cautiously walking over to the weapons rack in the corner. The rustling noises continue as she got closer, her heartbeat increasing as she switched off the safety on her gun.

"Hello?" she stopped just at the edge of the light, peering into the darkness.

"HELLO!" suddenly Jaemin jumped out from behind the weapons rack, scaring the poor girl.

"Holy shit Jaemin what the fuck!" She exclaimed, clutching her heart then re-engaging the safety on her gun. He was doubled over laughing at her.

"I literally could've shot you, you asshole!" She says, starting to laugh as she lightly slaps his arm.

"Asshole? I thought I was the babe to your wifey..." he whines out with a playful wink. She scoffs at him, shoving him to the side.

"Control your flirting please." They walk over to the center mat, stretching and talking about their day, waiting for the other boys to show up.

"So where are your friends? I don't like waiting you know." He lets out a small huff of laughter before replying.

"Believe me, you'll know when they're here. You'll hear them before you see them, I'm sure." She looks at him with a puzzled expression before she turns her head towards the door.

She hears loud voices approaching and something that sounds distinctly like a dolphin coming from the hallway. She turns to look at Jaemin, her concerned gaze meeting his smile.

"That would be Chenle and the guys." He laughs out as the door open, revealing a group of boys, all around Jihyun's age.

"Jaeminnnnn my guy wassup man!" Says the one with a squeaky voice.

"So this is where you've been hiding from us, huh?" Says the boy she recognizes as Renjun.

As the boys get closer to the pair, they stop and bow to Jihyun, nervous but excited smiles on their faces.

"Hi, Miss Jang, thank you so much for agreeing to let us join you today." Jisung says with a small voice, smiling at her.

"Hi Jisung, and you're welcome. I'm glad to see you're feeling better." She says, taking note of the small bandaid still on his cheek. "Also, when we're in here, just call me Jihyun." She returns their smile.

"Well then, Jihyun," says the last boy, stepping forward, and offering her his hand "my name is Jeno, it's great to actually meet you."

He bends down and kisses the top of her hand, looking back at her with a charming eye smile. She sheepishly smiles back at him, a slight redness to her cheeks.

"It's nice to meet you too, Jeno, I'm excited to see what you guys can do. Go ahead and put your stuff by ours on the benches and warm up for a few minutes." The four boys walk over to the wall, putting down their bags and throwing off their coats as they start stretching.

"Damn Nana, why are you only friends with hot guys?" She whispers to him with a small laugh. He cocks an eyebrow at her.

"Well, whats the saying? Birds of a feather flock together?" He says, sweeping his hair back and sending her a wink. She scoffs.

"No I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the saying, opposites attract." She winks back at him, a hurt expression on his face.

"Ok, that was rude." He mumbles.

"Don't worry Jaemin, we both know you're hot." She says carelessly, not realizing the words that just came out of her mouth. Jaemin freezes, turning to look at her.

"What?" He says, a small smirk on his face. She widens her eyes in realization.

"What?"

"I'm hot?"

"Who's hot?"

"Me?"

"Ew imagine calling yourself hot, you're so conceited." She quickly walks away from him, her face turning red as she approaches the other boys, Jaemin following behind with a smile on his face.

———
We all know that all of NCT is fine as hell.
Hope anyone who sees this is doing well!
Pls vote and comment!