Chapter 4 : Home Sweet Home

It's Saturday and every day for the past 5 days I've been working every morning and night. My co-workers aren't very good friends, if they're my friends at all and my boss is the worst. The problem is that this is my first job, which means I don't have much, I can't get much and I have to work with what I got right now. I'm in my bed, awake thank God, it's 10:23 in the morning and I don't really know what to do. I think about calling Evrie to ask if she wants to hang out but I'm kinda shy.
     "C'mon (Y/N), call her dude don't be afraid," I tell myself, I then reach for my phone that's charging by my side and I turn it on. But before I call her, I think about what we should do. "Hmm.... There's not much, mabye I'll ask her," I tell myself. I then call her and I wait for her to pick up, as I wait I remember the flowers and think about them. "Hey (Y/N), what's up?" Evrie asks me, "Not much, I was gonna ask you the same thing, wanna hang out, though I don't know what we should do so you do you know if we do hang out?" I ask her, "Yeah I wanna hang out, and what should we do? Hmm.... Oh! You should come to my House!" She tells me.
     "Your home? You trust me that much?" I ask her, "Yeah, after all you did save me from that thief," she responds. "Haha, heh.... Ok well can I get your address?" I ask her, "Sure but can I have yours too?" She responds and we exchange addresses. "Alright, see you here at around 2pm!" She says," See ya later," I respond. We then hang up and I contenue on with my day. I decide to go to eat breakfast before I head over to Evrie's home, so I go to a pancake house.
     It's currently 1:24pm and I'm eating french toast with a mug of hot creamy chocolate. I finish after a few minutes and I leave the restaurant. I get into my car and start driving to Evrie's home, turns out she's not a city girl, she lives on a farm which isn't bad. One hour later and I arrive at a gate that states "NO TRESPASSING" in big black bold letters. Evrie told me about this and that she would be there, and she is, she opens the gate and asks me for a ride to her house since she walked to the gate.
     I let her in and I drive to her home, I glance at her and smile. "Evrie, this place is beautiful," I compliment her property, "Oh shucks, thanks I worked hard on it so it's nice to know someone admires it," she replies with a bit of blush. I then park near her house and we get out the car. "Nice looking house Evrie, I bet the inside is better," I compliment her home, "Thanks and hopefully, I do want to you to feel at home so...." She replies. We start walking towards the front intrance and I'm looking around me, admiring the area.
     Evrie then takes her keys out of her pocket and unlocks the door, opening it. We walk in and it's warm, "Home sweet home," Evrie says. "Wow, nice place you got here Evs," I tell her, "Evs? Really? Haha," She says, "What? You don't like bieng called Ev?" I ask her, "No it's just that I think it's funny," She answers. "Hey (Y/N), want me to show you around?" Evrie asks me, "Sure, that'd be cool," I answer. She then starts to show me around, starting with the living room.
     "So this is my living room, I've got a couch, a fireplace and a big Tv for entertainment!" She explains, and I admire the room. She then leads me to the kitchen, "Here's my cooking area, I've got a stove, microwave, bunch of cabinets, the fridge of course a nice white marble countertop and a table beside everything," She says. I look around and aww in amazement, "Wow, you sure know how to keep a kitchen clean," I say, "Yeah, I don't have many visitors so it's just me when I eat," She responds. "Wait, you don't have any friends?" I ask her, "I do, but they all live so far from me, we rarely see each other," She says. "Hmm, I was wondering when you were gonna introduce me to any friends you have had," I tell her.
     "I'de introduce you believe me but they rarely come so it just wouldn't be very easy," she explains, "I understand," I say. "Well, let's go upstairs," she says, and I follow her up the stairs. We then enter hallway that right at the top of the stairs, and Evrie leads me to the right. She then opens a door at the end of the hallway, and we walk in to an amazing room. "This is my bedroom," she says, her room has White Walls, a white desk with a mirror in front of it, and a big window at the side of her bed that gave a great view.
     "Wow, Evrie, I like your room, blank but bright," I tell her, "Thanks! I try to keep it simple yet appealing," she responds and I see her wagging her tail, she must be proud of this room. "Ok all that's left is the attic and the basement but I don't think you wanna see those, do you?" Evrie asks me, "Nah, it's cool," I respond. "Well, what should we do now?" Evrie asks me, "let's go for a walk," I tell her, "Ok, let's go!" She says happily. We then go back downstairs and we leave the door, after that we go on a trail that goes around her property. We begin to walk, and I decide to ask her about her parents.
     "So Evrie, where are your parents?" I ask her, "My mom and Dad live on a separate farm, not too far from here," she replies. "How are they?" I ask her, "they're fine, old but gold, they visit sometimes enough for me to believe they love me and yeah things seem good," she answers, "That's good, I'm happy to hear that," I tell her. "What about your parents? How are they?" Evrie asks me, "They're fine, they live in another city, I haven't visited them and they visited me so I hope mabye tommorow I can do that," I answer her. "Oh that's ok, I'm sure you'll see them, thank God they're alive," she says, "Yeah....," I reply. We then end up at a tree with a tire swing, "Look, I built this, c'mon (Y/N)" She says.
     She then gets on the tire, placing herself in the safe middle. "Push me (Y/N)!" She says with excitement, I then place my hands on her back and start pushing her. She swings back and giggles, "This is so much fun, you gotta try this!" She says with more excitement. After a few minutes I get on and Evrie starts to push me, "Not so hard ok?" I tell her, "Ooookayyy," she reassures me and pushes me, I swing back and I feel butterflies in my stomach. I start laughing because of it, and I look at Every, smiling at her, and she smiles back.
     After a few minutes of playing I get off and we walk back to her home. It's been a while and it's gotten late too, it's already 9:42pm, I've gotta go home. "Well Evrie, I gotta go, I had a great time but things must come to pass," I tell her, "Yeah sure, thanks for coming," she says, "No problem," I reply. I then get into my car, and put my key in the starting hole, and twist it. However, the engine doesn't start and I realize that I haven't filled the gas tank.
     "Damn it!" I shout with frustration, "What happened?" Evrie asks me tilting her head. "I ran outta gas, aww man, this is embarrassing, Evrie do you have any gas I can borrow?" I ask her in shame, "I have a gas dispenser but it won't bring enough till the morning, say.... Why don't you stay over?" She asks. "I can stay over? Oh man, thanks so much Evrie!" I get out of my car and hug her and I see her tail start to wag. "Haha, no problem (Y/N)" She responds. I then close my cars door and we head inside Evrie's home.
     "Hey listen, I'll sleep on the couch okay? I'm sure you don't want me sleeping with you, heh...." I say with a blushy face. "Yeah.... But let me get you some blankets and a pillow atleast, oh I forgot to show you the washrooms, there's one downstairs, upstairs to the left and one outside," she notifies me, "Okay thanks," I reply. I then take off my shoes and get comfy on the couch, Evrie brings me a pillow and a blanket for me to use, "Thanks," I say, "No problem," she responds. After that, she turns off the lights and we wish each other goodnight.  She then leaves the living room and heads to the bedroom.
     [Evrie, what would I do without you?] I think to myself. I then start to close my eyes, and I drift to sleep.
     End of Chapter 4.