"Except they don't serve alcohol."

"So would you like to dance?" He slightly bowed down and his hand reached out for mine.

I took his hand, and he lead me to the dance floor as No Scrubs by TLC started.

Lorenzo is an amazing dancer, I could tell even to this music he was graceful. Much better then me. Must be that Italian in him.

We had been dancing for a bit when I was shoved to the side.

"Whoops sorry Liz." Michael had his arm around Max and they both stood there smiling.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"What do you think we are doing here? We are here to dance!" Michael grabbed Max and lead him off to the other side if the dance floor.

"Was it just me, or was that really strange?" Lorenzo looked puzzled. He moved his arm behind my head and pulled me close to his chest. I could feel the heat off his body into mine.

"No that wasn't just you. Look do you mind if I made one quick call?"

"Not at all. I will grab us a drink."

"Ok ill meet you by the bar." I walked over to the bathrooms along the wall there are three pay phones.

I grabbed 50 cents from my purse and called Maria.

"Hello." She said, picking up after the second ring.

"It's Liz, Michael and Max are here!"

"They actually showed up?"

"Yes that's what I'm telling f you!"

"Well don't freak out! I'll be right there!"

"Bring Isabel too."

"Will do." Maria hung up and I did the same.

I turned and saw Max standing behind me.

"Oh hi Max. Having fun?" I asked.

"Uh yeah, Michael thought it would be fun to get out." He scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Oh well have fun." I went back over to Lorenzo who was waiting by the bar.

"There you are, I was getting worried." He said as I made my way over to him.

"Yeah, I just had to call Maria, she told me to call her if I saw Michael."

"Oh are they dating?"

"Um, kinda."

"I know I shouldn't ask, but did you and Max date?" He locked eyes with me.

"Date Max? No we never dated. We kind of liked each other, but we have just been friends." It's the only thing I want most in this world.

"Ok good." He leaned in and kissed my check.

I bit my lip slightly and smiled.

"Liz!" Maria ran up to me with Isabel in toe.

"Oh hey, you got here fast." I said stunned. Maria was late to everything.

"Where are they." Isabel asked.

"Um, I'm not sure." I looked over the mass of dancing bodies. "There in the corner." Looking right over at us.

"We got this." Maria and Isabel headed over to where the guys where sitting.

"That wasn't weird at all." Lorenzo said, bringing my attention back to him.

"Oh I'm sorry, it's just Maria she get jealous." I was exactly lying.

"Why don't we get out of here, grab a cup of coffee?" Lorenzo stood up and held out his arm.

"Sounds great." I took his arm and walked out with him.

We walked outside, it was a warm night, so I wan thankful I didn't bring a coat that I would have to drag around with me all night.

"So where is a good coffee shop?" Lorenzo turned and asked me.

"Weston's. It's just around the block." I led him down the familiar side walk to Weston's.

It was a short walk. When we got to the door Lorenzo opened it.

"After you." He smiled down at me and I felt my heart give a slight flutter.

I walked into the small cafe and over to the pink counter.

Karli Hanne, Alex's ex girlfriend was leaning behind the counter. When she heard the bell ring over the door she turned and glared at me.

"Oh hi Liz." She didn't let up her glare.

"Hi Karli. This is Lorenzo, he's new to school."

Karli looked at Lorenzo then back at me. "Hey." She instantly turned sweet.

"Hi." He smiled shyly at her.

"So what can I get for you." She batted her eyelashes at him.

Really? Right in front of me Karli?

"Ladies first." Lorenzo put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me against him.

"Just a cappuccino please." I smiled a little.

"Make that two and how about we share a slice of strawberry cheese cake?"

"Sounds good." I smiled at Karli.

Karli rung in out order and quickly made it and handed it us. She didn't look happy at all.

I carried the cheese cake and picked a table far away from the counter, and Lorenzo fallowed with the cappuccinos.

We sat down and Lorenzo slide my cappuccino across the table to me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him before I took a sip. I love the steamed milk mixed with espresso. I especially loved the foam.

"I'm having a good time with you Liz." Lorenzo's eyes bore into mine.

"I'm having a good time with you as well."

"I'm really glad, I'm was pretty sure there was something going on between you and Max. I know we just met, but I really like you." His hand slide across the table and rested on top of mine.

I blushed a deep crimson. I could feel my face burning. I really didn't expect this. It is just our first date. Did I like him that much? Sure he is really cute... Okay he is gorgeous. But Max.

"I like you too Lorenzo." I'm just not sure if this is right.

"Good." Lorenzo picked up my hand and kissed it.

"So there is only one question I have for you." He smiled at me.

"What is that?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

( next chapter! Tell me what you are thinking? Vote-Fan-Comment!!!)