Chapter 3

Maria insisted to sleep over so she could pick out my outfit again and do my makeup. She still didn't trust me. I think the only way to get her to trust me was if I burned !all my plaid or flannel clothes.

We awoke early and Maria surprised me by letting me have a little say in what I got to wear. Today I wore a short jean skirt, with a black and blue halter top. I borrowed a pair of Maria's blue pumps and put a mid waist jean jacket. I loosely curled my hair and put on black eyeliner and some pink lip gloss.

"How's this?" I asked turning towards Maria. She had on. Pair of white skinny jeans and a blue off the shoulder top that barely reached the top of her jeans. Her short hair combed perfectly into place.

"Great. Max won't know what hit him!" She linked our arms as we grabbed our backpacks.

"We are definitely the two hotter girls in school!" I said as we walked the the stairs.

"Agreed my love." Maria drove us to school.

Once we got to school we dropped our bags in our lockers and grabbed books for our first few classes.

"Hey Maria, wanna help me with something?" Michael asked walking up to us.

"With what?" She asked glaring at him.

"It's privet, come with me to the bleachers and I'll tell you." He smirked at her.

"How easy do you think I am?"Maria slammed her locker closed and walked off to her class.

"What did I say?" Michael looked confused.

"So sad buddy." I patted his arm as I walked to my class.

**********

"Michael is the biggest ass." Maria complained in math class.

I sat I between Maria and Lorenzo with Alex sitting next to Lorenzo.

"Then don't put up with him. Go out with someone else." I told her for the hundredth time.

"I will. I am. No more Michael I swear it."

"I give you till tomorrow." Alex laughed at her.

"Shut up."

"I know you can do this Maria."

"See because you are my true friend Liz, Alex doesn't know what it's like to be a true friend." She gave him a sad pouty look.

"Oh come on mAria. Your going to be all high and might for the first half of the day, then when Michael says he's sorry, your going to cave and be all over him, which I bet he knows by the way."

"Alex! I'd hit you if I was siting next to you!" I glared at him, for being mean to Maria.

"Then I'm glad I'm next you Lorenzo." Alex patted Lorenzo on the back and rolled his eyes at me.

"I so don't want to be in the middle of you too."Lorenzo laughed.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't hurt you."

"That's good to know." His eyes bore into mine. His intensity was like a heat wave over me.

I looked over at Maria. My whole face flushed. She grinned knowingly.

"Miss Parker, am I interrupting yours and Miss Deluca's Conversation?" The teacher snapped at us.

"Oh no, I mean, I'm sorry." I stuttered out.

"Then pay attention."

We stopped talking for a the rest of class.

The bell rang twenty minutes later. We gathered our books and walked out together.

"So I heard football tryouts are at lunch." Lorenzo said as we walked down to the quad.

"Yeah they are. Are you trying out?" I asked as we sat on the grass waiting for the other to come.

"Yeah I was the quarterback at my other school. We were undefeated."

"Oh wow. I'm sure you make it in the team no problem. You better get down to the football field then."

"Going now. I'll see you in class." Lorenzo leaned over and kissed my check, then stood up and ran off the the football field.

"Oh he so likes you!" Maria was beside herself with glee.

"Yeah he's nice."

"Nice? Nice? Liz he is more then nice! He is so into you!" Maria cried out.

"Maria calm down." Isabel said walking up to us with Michael and Max.

"Yeah people already think your crazy. No need to give them more reasons to think so." Michael said taking out his sand which and digging into it.

"Your an ass." Maria glared at him.

"And you love it." He smiled.

"Ignore him Maria." I told her.

"So Liz, are you serious with Lorenzo. Because if your not into him, I like him."

"Oh. Well you see the thing is. Well we have a date Friday." Why did she ask right in front of her brother. Sometimes Isabel was clueless.

"Oh ok. So were is he taking you?" Isabel opened her bag of chips and started to eat. Like this wasn't the right time to be asking about a guy I'm going out with I front of the guy I love.

"UFOnics."

"Cool! Do you have an outfit picked out. I could help you?"

"Oh we already have it. Me and Liz found the perfect dress and the thrift shop. It's a short black sequence dress. It's so sexy!" Maria gushed like it was her dress and she couldn't wait to wear it.

I peeked up and looked at Max. He kept his face neutral throughout the whole conversation.

"Sounds perfect."

"Oh come over after school on Friday and help me get Liz ready." Maria invited her.

"Can't wait!"

I could.

"Hey maybe we will bump into you." Michael laughed and nudged Max.

I gave a worried look to Maria.

"Now Michael you know that's not true. You said you would never step foot in there." Isabel snickered.

"I cAn change my mind."

"Like you have one." Maria smirked.

"Burn." I smiled.

"Nice." Alex high fived me.

"Hey. I have a mind."

"Yeah. Ok."

They fight like an old married couple. They spent the rest of lunch bickering. They just went to one subject to the next constantly fighting the whole time.

********

Hey guys sorry left off such a weird just kind of flat ending. But it's 1am and I'm tired. But ya updated.