Chapter 5

"Oh." Was all I said. No that's not right. Think Liz think!

"Oh?" He looked worried now.

"I mean, this is going a little fast. Could I think about it maybe?" I tried to back track. I really do need to think about this. And to talk to Maria.

"Of course. I didn't mean to put you on the spot." He rubbed small circles on my hand with his thumb.

We stayed at the cafe for a little longer before he drove me home. I let him drop me off at the back door. He opened the door to the truck for me and I climbed out.

He walked me to the back door.

"Thank you, I had a very nice time."

"So did I." He smiled down at me, flashing his pearly white teeth at me.

"So I'll see you Monday then." I smiled shyly back at him.

"Yes you will." He leaned forward and I leaned in as well.
His lips pressed lightly onto mine. The kiss was short. But it did feel nice. I almost wished it lasted longer.

Lorenzo smiled before getting back into his truck. I walked into my home and locked the back door.

I got to my room to see only Maria sitting on my bed. Isabel must have gone home with Max and Michael.

"Hey! How was your date?"

"Other then Max and Michael showing up, pretty good. Right before the point I put my foot in my mouth."

"What happened?" I walked over and laid down next to her on my bed.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Oh my god! Really what did you say?" She rolled on her right side so she could face me.

"I said oh."

"Oh?"

"Yup."

"You can be so dump sometimes." She laughed.

"It wasn't funny Maria, this is serious. What should I do?" I tuned to face her.

"Go out with Lorenzo."

"But what about Max?"

"Liz, go out with Lorenzo. Give him a chance. Max is stubborn. He isn't going to go out with you he's to afraid of hurting you."

My heart sank down to the pit of my stomach. "Lorenzo is very nice." I said half heartedly.

"Yes he is."

"And he's human." I signed. I didn't care that Max is a alien. Love is love. And you can't just stop loving someone.

"It's going to be great liz. He is so hot." She smiled.

I tried my best to be happy, but it felt forced.

Maria ended up sleeping over and on Saturday I spent the night at her place. We had the weekend off and we just had an old fashion girls weekend. Painting nails giving face masks and hair dos.

By Monday morning I felt much better about everything. I went to my first class, it just seemed to fly by and all to soon I was sitting in my math glass.

My heart started beating faster and faster in my chest. Lorenzo walked in before the bell rang. He sat beside me and smiled at me. I returned it and pulled out my books.

Maria sat next to me and Alex sat next to Lorenzo.

"So Liz, how was your date with Lorenzo?" Alex asked once he had all his books out.