Chapter 4

"Curly or straight?" Maria asked over my head at Isabel.

Maria has me siting in the middle of my room far away from my floor length mirror so I can't see what I look like.

"Curly." Isabel ran her hands through my hair and instant curls appeared.

While Isabel fixed my hair, Maria was doing my make up.

I was told to remain quite since my make up was being done.

I was hoping they wouldn't over due things. I like Lorenzo, but I'm in love with Max. He's my soul mate, even if he can't see that right now.

"Ok you are done!" Maria exclaimed.

She jumped away from me.

"Here you can put on your dress now." Isabel said handing me the hanger.

I dropped my robe and quickly pulled on the dress and then stepped into a pair of black heels.

I already had on a pair of black rose stud earrings and a black beaded bracelet.

"Liz, you look amazing. Lorenzo is going to love it." Maria gushed.

"You look really nice." Coming from Isabel that was something.

"Thanks. So Michael and Max aren't going to be there tonight right?" I asked Isabel. I didn't need them to come and make this harder.

"Honestly? I have no idea. But knowing Michael he could talk Max into it." That didn't make me feel better.

"Liz, if they come tonight. You call us and we will come drag them away, okay?" Maria said grabbing my shoulders and making me look at her.

"Ok." I smiled at her and have her a quick hug.

"Liz! Lorenzo is here!" I heard my mom call up the stairs.

I quickly grabbed my purse and turned to look at my two friends.

"Ok wish me luck."

"Good luck." They both called out.

I walked down the stairs to the back door.

Lorenzo stood next to my mom. He wore a black dress shirt and black dress pants. He looked oh so good.

"Liz, you look beautiful." He said walking up to me, he took my hand and kissed it.

"So where are you taking our daughter tonight young man." My father did his best to be the scary father, but it wasn't working well. Lorenzo is a good foot taller and has a lot more muscle on him.

"To UFOnics and then some ice cream on the way home sir."

"You will have her home by midnight and not a second later." Dad gave the best stern look he could muster.

"Yes sir."

"Night mom, night dad." I kissed them both on their cheeks and grabbed Lorenzo's hand and dragged him out.

"Your parents seems really nice." Lorenzo lead me over to a black Chevy truck and opened the door for me.

I was thankful it wasn't a big truck, so I didn't have to climb up it just to get in.

Once I was in he closed the door and walked around and got in.

It took less then five minutes to get to UFOincs.

The place was pretty packed. Though it was Friday.

"Wow, it's almost like a night club." Lorenzo said turning to me.