Charter 4

It was silent in the halls where I sat alone, lost and heartbroken . I stared at the wall in front of me, zoned out of my surroundings, wanting to be anywhere but here. I'm just tired, tired of this place already. Tired of being alone. I heard footsteps and my heart raced, hoping it wasn't Zayn, but I didn't stay to find out, I darted down the hall and into a room shutting the door. It was another bedroom that wasn't all turquoise like the one I woke up in. It was a basic white and black room, silk bedding and pillows. I guess I could stay here for a while, just to be away from everyone. I sat on the bed, wishing I had some, normal clothes to wear.

There was a window which I gladly walked over to, seeing only one thing. The boat. Why did I go into this room out of all the rooms. I'm so agrivated, I just reminded myself of the pain of losing my only friends. I stared at it for a second, thinking. If it made it through the crash, the extra clothes I keep in the closet might be in there.

I cracked open the door, no sign of anyone down either side of the hall. Now all I need to do is get out without getting spotted by Zayn or the maids. I started down the way I came, looking around, everything quiet. I eventually found the staircase that led to the main entrance of the palace, but in my case, the first exit I found.

I tip-toed quickly and quietly down the stairs trying not to trip over my own feet. I'm so glad I had taken off my shoes. I pulled open the tall door, the salty air hitting my face as I stepped out heading towards the boat. I had to lift my dress up uncovering my ankles to prevent tripping over the hem of the dress. I finally reached the boat and climbed on, walking passed the torn door and saw the destruction of what once was a beautiful boat. I shuffled my way through the mess, glass everywhere, the floor boards bent up.

I reached the closet and opened it to see my clothes soaked in saltwater and tangled with seaweed. I smiled pulling everything out, spotting some of Jacob's shirts. I choked on a cry wanting to be let out but I just grabbed the shirts and closed the closet. I sat down on the torn up bench and just stared at the wall in front of me. The picture of me and Jacob was still hanging there, shattered. I didn't hesitate to go get it, but I heard someone yell my name. I hid the picture in the bundle of clothes leaving the boat and made my way back towards the palace.

I saw Martha and she stood there with her hands on her hips. She is acting like my mom. Oh god. Mom. By the time I reached her I was already in tears. "Come on." She said quietly, wrapping her arm around me as she walked me back in. "You want me to wash those for you dear?" She asked and I shook my head. "No, I can, I'll just leave them out to dry." I said walking into my room and shutting the door as I set the wet clothes on the table. I took the picture out of the bundle and put it under my pillow and went to the bathroom that was in my room, and turned on the hot water setting them in the sink. I rewashed them 4 times trying to get all the sea water out of them and the salty smell. I set them on the window hoping they would dry.

I took off my dress and was in what I guess was underwear and a blouse. I laid under the blankets and tried to find some sort of heat and tried my best to sleep.

Zayn'sPOV

I walked into her room as she slept peacefully. Her dress laid on the floor as I picked it up I glanced at the window sil with clothing on it. It must be what she is accustomed to wear. I placed a hand on them, they were soggy and cold. They won't get dry like this, but its no problem, I can solve that problem simply. I stood there watching here as she slept away, she was dreaming of a woman, maybe she is her mother, I smiled walking over to her admiring her beauty and twirled a piece of her hair. I stopped, seeing Jacob showing up. I understand she loved him, but he us gone, she only has me now. Me, not Jacob. I couldn't help but get irritated at the smile on her face, in her dream and on her face.

I have to make her change her mind about me. Because she will change everything, although she already changed me. I didn't hesitate to alter her dream, watching it all play out in front of me.  (DreamisVanessa'sPOV)

' I was on the boat waiting for Jacob to arrive with the snacks.  Me and mom sat on the deck playing cards. Jacob asked me to invite her which I was gladly happy to. "Honey, get your heads out of the clouds and make your move."  She said snapping her fingers at me laughing as I stared at the sky. "Yeah, yeah,"  I laughed making my move as foot steps were coming towards me. "Jacob!"  I cheered getting up, going to give him a hug. "Hey baby."  He said kissing my cheek lightly as he wrapped his arms around me. "Ready to go?"  I asked and he nodded, "smooth sailings from here," he said smiling. "Well then let's go."  I said happily sitting back with my mom, who didn't look like, herself. "You alright mom?" I asked and she didn't even look at me. "She is just upset." Jacob answered. "Why?" I asked, confused. "You are leaving." She said softly. "What? Mom, you are coming with us." I said looking at her, totally lost. "But you'll be staying," she said, "because it is best for you." She said. "Staying where? Mom." I said looking back at Jacob.

"What is she talking about?" I asked. "Look at you." He said and handed me a mirror. I was in a turquoise dress and I already knew what was happening. "But Jacob." I said looking at him. "Don't you love me?" I asked and he smiled. "Of course I do, but, if you love someone, you have to let them go. Its best if you stay with Zayn so you are safe, loved, and appreciated." Jacob said. "But why." I whispered looking at the sky as it darkened. "Vanessa." I heard a voice say and I turned and Zayn was there. "Jacob." I said looking back and he smiled. "Go." He said. My heart raced as I looked at them both. "Vanessa, go, don't you want me to be happy?" Jacob asked. "Go already! I'm tired of you!" He yelled. I took a step back, hurt. "What.." "Listen to me, go, I know best. You are everything to Zayn, Jacob is just tired of you." Mom said.

"Whats going on.." I said, feeling sick. "I don't love you." Jacob plainly stated. The sky cracked with a loud bang, the waves getting bigger. Water swept up on the boat causing me to slip and Zayn caught me as I about fell. "I got you." He said, smiling softly. "Have fun wasting your time with her." Jacob said, heading to leave the boat. "Hold on." Zayn said and a wave knocked him over, the wave taking him overboard. Why can't I go over there. My feet feel like they are glued down. "Jacob!" I yelled but I didn't hear anything, first there was only the sound of waves crashing, then screaming. "Getting killed would be better than seeing you again," he shouted and then a scream.. Then silence. "Go with Zayn. He is all you got. He is very kind, letting you stay with him, helping you, and you said it yourself, he is handsome." My mom said and I looked at Zayn and I wanted to say no, but apart of me said give this a try. "Okay." I said looking up at him and he smiled. "You are beautiful, you know that right?" He said and I smiled. I looked down at the cards I once held but the only card left was the queen of hearts.'

I didn't mess with any part of the dream she had. I just brought on the subject of her staying with me. I smiled knowing, she did this on her own. Choosing to stay when she could've said no. I was standing outside her door once I had done altered the dream, as she started to wake up. I could hear her heavy breathing and rapid heart rate.

 Should I go in? And say I was just checking on her? Or stay here for awhile longer? I heard her mumbling quietly, too low for me to hear, I can almost feel the heavyness in her heart that she feels right now. I thought she was going to cry but besides that, i heard her say, 'I'll try Zayn' I never felt like this. I haven't ever loved anyone and maybe she will be my true love. I thoug hand immediately after I heard her sigh and rustle around in bed and I could hear one thing running through her head. 'I'll try'

Vanessa

I woke up with too much on my mind. I had the weirdest, most nerve racking dream on the earth. Did Jacob really feel that way? Was he really.. tired of me? I loved him, I loved him so much.. this changes everything. I know its just a dream but, how can I prove that he felt this way? I don't have him anymore, but I have Zayn. I know it was a dream.. But my mom even said it was what needs to be done.

Even dream mom is always right, we talked about it before actually, she told me dream mom is the same as her saying it herself. "What do I do mom." I whispered quietly, running my hands through my hair. "I wish you were here... I miss you." I mumbled and decided for my self, what I think is best for me, and Jacob. "I'll try Zayn." I said to myself, letting out an exaughsted sigh, going back under the covers. I'll try. I'll do my best to forget about Jacob. I'll try to be happy, make my company to you worth while. I'll try.