Prolouge

She feels light in my arms, so light as I pull her closer to my chest. "Its almost time" Drakon looks at me. He is right I know he is but I cant bear to let go. "I will see you again. Your father and I, we will make this a better world for you." Tears begin to fall, flooding down my cheeks as I force my hands to release her. I never thought pain like this could exist. As though my heart is being ripped right from my chest. I have committed many heinous crimes in my lifetime but this, this I would wish on no one. The minute she is lifted from my arms I lose it. The weight of it all comes crashing down and my cries have turned to sobs. "She will be safe Cylthia. She will be safe and loved." I cant bring my self to look at him again as he carries my daughter away from me, but then I hear it. A small strangled cry, and my eyes raise. The sight does nothing to ease my pain. Drakon is doing his best to console her but the cries keep growing with each step he takes. "No wait, bring her back" I make to stand, to get her back but my head starts spinning and vision is going dark. I've lost too much blood. "Wait, Bellamy" My last thought before I fall into sleep is her, I will see her again.

Drakon

"We have to my love we have no other choice" my mate says softly. "She will kill her if she finds her or worse." Amarantha is brutal yes, more so since Jurian killed Cylthia, but this is her niece. "Bellamy is her family the only family she has left this could be it Miryam, the way to end this war, we finally have something to bargain with. Stop the killing stop all of it." Her face contorts in anger "The hell you do! I swear Drakon, mate or not I will take her and run so far you will never see either one of us again. She is a child not a bargaining chip. I don't care if she is her family, WE raised her and I will not chance my child's life, not even for this." She wouldn't hurt her, no, this is all she has left of her beloved Cylthia. But that's when it hit me. This child is also part of Jurian, and we all know what she did to him. The guilt comes flooding in and I don't know whether its from what I almost did or what I didn't do. "We'll keep her, hide her, no one will ever know. We wont tell her either it will all be ok." Miryam picks up the child still asleep and walks towards me. "We will be ok."