Rex felt like his right arm was going to fall off. It felt as if some one was cutting each individual tendon, muscle, and vein in his shoulder before it would finally disconnect from his body. Whatever that droid injected into him was strong stuff and caused excruciating pain and agony. He hadn't been in this pain since, well, ever. No words could describe it. The droid had just left him to bleed out and suffer. Rex, once again, was using that fine line between consciousness and unconsciousness as a jump rope.

His body couldn't take much longer, neither could him. This time, being knocked out was different. He was at a place, but no place he'd ever seen or felt before. He was up to his waist in this thick, black goo, the consistency of glue. Everything around him was black, yet it was bright and he could see everything perfectly. He turned one way and saw a large white light, it was comforting, and welcoming. Down the other way, it was a smaller light, less comfortable, yet familiar. He tired to move, but the the high viscosity of this goo made it hard to move.

The smaller light called his name, or so he thought, so he whipped his head in that direction. He tried calling out but his voice wasn't working. He reached out with his hand, but it wasn't working either. The light called his name again, the voice was soothing and recognizable as it should be, for it sounded like him, but different. It was one of his brothers. He had to get through this sludge, but it seemed impossible. Rex had to do it, he just had to get to that smaller light, no matter how difficult it was.

"How's he doing Jesse?" Fives asked while taking off Rex's back restraints.

"He's barely responding, I can't get him to wake up," Jesse said while doing his best to check his captain's vitals.

"Keep trying," Fives grunted as he took of the back restraint.

He got Rex's legs untied from the chair and he handed Jesse the blade, "Get his arms undone, I'm gonna go check to see how Echo's doing with Doom."

Jesse nodded and Fives went out of that room and into the next door down to the left. He saw Doom lying on the floor on his back with his helmet off. Echo was holding what looked like a thick microscope slide with a large enhanced germ inside of it.

"Good," Fives said, "You got the chip out,"

"I did. How's Rex?" Echo asked.

"Jesse's with him now. But he's still unconscious and barely responding, I wish we brought a Jedi,"

Rex abruptly snapped his eyes open and nearly punched Jesse in the face by instinct. Jesse nearly jumped out of his skin at the startling movement. Rex swallowed hard and started to breathe heavily as he recalled how hard it was to get back here. Oh how is body throbbed with even the tiniest of movements. Jesse winced at his distressed Captain, "We need to get you out of here," he looked around and was about to call for Fives when Rex spoke.

"Jesse...." he said frailly.

"Yes?"

"What took you so long..." he had a small smile on his face.

Jesse smirked, "Well you didn't leave us too many clues as to where you were. FIVES! ECHO!" He shouted.

Rex winced, "Shhhhhh don't be so loud," he sounded drunk.

Fives and Echo rushed into the room, "Rex!" Fives said excitedly.

"Hush!" Jesse hissed, "His hearing is sensitive,"

"Ooh. Sorry," he said softer.

Echo gave him a once over with a small hand held device, "I'm no medic, but we need to get to a med center or a med bay at least. Can you walk?" Rex shrugged, "Well let's see if you can,"

Jesse supported Rex's upper body with one arm, and placed a hand on his chest, away from the large wound, to keep him steady.

"Ready, and up," Jesse said.

He carefully stood up and Rex nearly fell to the ground his legs were so feeble. They took some limping steps together and finally made to the doorway, "How are you going to get us out?" Rex asked.

"If you can make to the end of this hall you'll be fine. We're on the very bottom floor, Hawk is positioned where he needs to don't worry," Jesse explained, but Rex's mind still had cobwebs and it was like a thick blanket covered his brain, restricting him from understanding things.

Fives and Echo stepped ahead of them and went into the room where Doom was. Fives slung him over his shoulder and stepped back out and Echo took the lead, leading them to the end of the hall. It took a while with Rex hobbling and walking slower than an old man, but they got there.

"Uhh we didn't get this far in the plan," Echo turned to Fives, "How do we cut the floor?"

"Stang," Fives muttered.

"Here," Rex fumbled around with a long pocket on his utility belt and pulled out a light grey shoto lightsaber and handed it to Fives.

"Where the kriff did you get that?" Said a very bewildered Fives.

"It's Ahsoka's blade, now hurry and cut the floor,"

"I'm not even going to ask why you have her lightsaber, now how does this work?"

"Press the button you dumbnut," Echo said.

Fives gave a mock frown and handed Echo the blade, "I'm carrying Doom, you cut the floor,"

"You're just scared," Echo joked as he ignited the green blade.

He quickly put a large hole in the floor and the circular piece fell down and landed on the windshields of a ship. They could see Hawk flinch in the cockpit, but he quickly recovered and hovered the small ship upwards and it was now as close to the building as it could get, but it was still a long way down.

"Ready, sir?" Asked Jesse.

Rex nodded and took a tentative step towards the hole, he wasn't so sure he could stick the landing without breaking something. He was about to tell the others he couldn't do it when a hatch on the top of the ship opened and Anakin appeared. He stuck his arms up, "Come on Rex,"

Echo handed Rex Ahsoka's lightsaber back and he stuck it back in the pocket. Rex swallowed hard and was staring down the hole at Anakin, and he felt Jesse's support go away. He took a breath and stepped down I got the hole. He got that familiar feeling of free falling for a second, with the wind coursing through his hair, and the wind whistling and that feeling of butterflies in his stomach. He felt his decent slow down significantly and his feet gently touched the surface of the ship.

Anakin put a hand on his shoulder, "Can you make it down to the room without my help,"

"We'll find out soon," Rex said as he hobbled over to to the hatch holding his gut.

Fives' head appeared through the hole and he said to Anakin, "You guys go on, we still have some business to finish,"

Anakin didn't want them doing this alone, but he knew they wouldn't take no for an answer, "Be careful," he said, then walked over to the hatch.