2. The Weight of Responsibility

Ken's life story continues with the tense situation unfolding. He finds himself amid a dangerous world overrun by monsters, and his neighbors have become victims. Despite initially wanting to leave alone and not be involved with the plans of Denise and Migs, Ken's circumstances change when Migs claims he is frail and lacks a weapon to defend himself.

Reluctantly, Ken takes the bag and expresses his knowledge of a safe place they could go to. Denise leaves first, followed by Migs handing Ken a gun. Ken takes a moment to observe Migs and the firearm, realizing the gravity of their situation.

In a severe tone, Migs turns to Ken and emphasizes the importance of looking after Denise if something happens to him. The weight of the responsibility falls on Ken's shoulders, and he understands the significance of this task.

With a mix of determination and uncertainty, Ken contemplates the challenges ahead. He must navigate the dangers of the outside world, find Lovely if she is still alive, and ensure the safety of both himself and Denise. The choices he makes from this point on will shape the course of his life and the lives of those around him.

Ken's heart skipped a beat as he saw the wound on Migs' arm. The truth of their situation hit him like a ton of bricks. Migs had been bitten by one of the monsters. A mix of fear and concern filled Ken's mind as he processed the severity of the situation.

"Why didn't you tell Denise?" Ken asked, his voice filled with a mixture of confusion and worry.

Migs sighed heavily, his face showing a mixture of pain and resignation. "I didn't want to worry her. We have enough on our plates already, and I don't want her burdened with the knowledge. Besides, it might not turn out to be anything serious."

Ken's eyes widened, realizing the gravity of Migs' situation. "But if you've been bitten, it could mean... You could turn into one of them."

Migs nodded solemnly. "I know. That's why I need you to promise me that you'll look after Denise if anything happens to me. Keep her safe."

Ken felt a surge of conflicting emotions. On the one hand, he was angry that Migs had kept this information from Denise, potentially putting her in danger. On the other hand, he understood Migs' intentions, not wanting to burden her with the grim reality they faced.

Taking a deep breath, Ken looked into Migs' eyes and nodded. "I promise. I'll protect her with everything I've got. But we need to find a way to help you."

Migs gave a weak smile, appreciating Ken's commitment. "Thank you, Ken. We'll figure something out. For now, let's focus on finding a safe place and regrouping. We can't afford any more delays."

Ken's determination grew as he realized the weight of the responsibility thrust upon him. With Migs' situation in mind, he knew that time was of the essence. He gripped the gun tightly, ready to face the dangers ahead.

Together, Ken and Migs set out on their journey, their bond solidified by the shared mission to protect the ones they cared about. Their path would be fraught with challenges, but they were determined to survive in this new world and keep their promise to each other.

The initial scene they encountered in the house they were leaving was chaos and violence, with blood scattered everywhere and belongings in disarray. The overwhelming stench inside urged them to make a swift exit.

Exiting through the back door, the group proceeded cautiously, aware of the eerie darkness and silence surrounding them. Denise took charge, scanning the area for any potential threats. Migs, on the other hand, focused on checking behind them, ensuring they weren't being followed.

As they moved through the darkness, a distant dog's barking reached their ears. However, before they could determine its source, a terrifying creature abruptly attacked the dog. Startled, Ken, Denise, and Migs sought cover, concealing themselves from the monstrous sight unfolding before them.