delilah

HAPPIEST YEAR~
thank you for the happiest year of my life

3 months later... 9 months into the pregnancy

as i laid in the hospital bed, vinnie let me squeeze his hand as hard as i wanted. i tried to calm myself down from the pain, but nothing seemed to work. so far, i wasnt squeezing his hand hard since i really wasnt doing much but as a tear strolled off my cheek, vinnie used his free hand to wipe it off gently.

"your okay baby" he said while gently placing a kiss on my forehead.

i still had more time until anything could happen but yet i felt like i was being stabbed over and over. they always say pins and needles but now im being serious. literally pins and needles.

i closed my eyes and laid there for a few minutes. i wasnt able to do much besides just lay in this bed, feeling like im dead.

i feel like im dead, im alive but im dead

i heard the door open as i opened my eyes and saw a nurse walk in.

"it looks like you have about 30 more minutes" she said before smiling and walking out.

i quietly groaned while vinnie laughed and kissed the back of my hand. the main concern in my head was what if they baby didnt make it? or what if we both dont make it?

i dont even want to imagine how hard that would be on vinnie, especially since he's already going through a lot. so now, im trying to think of the positive. like how fun its gonna be to have a kid and be able to play with them and dress them up. we btoh decided on not knowing the gender yet just to keep it a surprise so i was kinda nervous.

i looked around the room before closing my eyes again. i felt like i was literally about to scream at any second now. as the nurse came back in, a few doctors followed.

thats when the actual pain started and i felt myself go lightheaded before everything fell black.

i woke up and looked around to notice that the curtains were thick and drawn, leaving me completely confused on the time of day. something felt off though, it was weird. i was in a daze for a few moments before touching my stomach and feeling that it decreased majorly in size. i still felt way to weak to do anything besides lay here helplessly. no one else was in the room and it was awfully quiet. until i heard a baby crying.

it was slightly muffled so i knew it had to be from in another room. the crying got louder as i heard the door creak open causing me to lay still and act like i was sleeping.

i was just so confused and concerned at the same time. am i dead? is this a dream? wait, i think im dead. i was snapped out of my thoughts when i felt a tug on my top an da very odd sensation.

holy fuck.

it was breastfeeding.

well, the baby was breastfeeding.

i wanted to move so bad but i just couldnt. i slowly opened my eyes to see vinnie leaning over me.

"hi" i said, hearing how shot my voice was.
"you're awake?" he asked rather shocked.
"you've been passed out for 2 days, you uh- you scared us"
"its a, its a girl" he added.
"w-we have a daughter?" i asked as he nodded.
"what did you..?"
"name her? well i didnt. as parents i thought that was something we should kinda do together" he said with a nervous laugh.
"did i miss everything?" i asked sadly.
"well no. you were awake, it might take a little to remember it but"

i looked down at his hand and couldnt help but slightly gasp.

"di-did i do that?" i asked while looking at his slightly bruised hand.
"sorta but its okay, it didnt hurt. you were in a lot more pain that i was"

he positioned my arms before placing the small baby in my arms. she was beautiful. she had vinnie's eyes and honestly, i just wanted to hold her for hours. i was already in love with her.

she had beautiful brown eyes, chubby cheeks and she was very small.

i woke up to avani sitting beside me on her phone.

"oh, your finally awake" she joked.
"hey, where are they?"
"their sleeping in the next room over. how you feeling?"
"better. can i get up?" i asked while she bit the inside of her lip.
"i dont know if thats the best idea milo. you probably shouldnt strain yourself"
"i dont think its that bad" i said while starting to wiggle my way into a sitting position.
"milo"
"please"

she sighed but helped me stand and as soon as i did, i already felt lightheaded. i leaned against the wall and huffed.

"im no use if i can walk"
"hey, dont say that" vinnie said as he appeared in the doorway.

he led me over to the bed and say me down before placing the baby in my arms. his arms stayed under mine incase i wasnt strong enough yet.

no doubt that i was beyond grateful for him but it hurt to know that i couldnt hold my own daughter by myself because i was too weak. and it hurt even more to think about how scary it is if i dropped her. im glad his arms are there but it really sucks.

"now we really need a name. i cannot keep calling her kid" he said with a laugh.

it was obvious that he had his eyes on one name.

"delilah?" he asked.
"delilah hacker" i said.

third person

nightfall approached as vinnie crawled into the hospital bed next to milo. she laid her head on his chest and already started dozing off to sleep. avani and anthony walked in and glanced at them quickly.

"want me to hold her while you both get some rest?" avani asked as vinnie nodded and handed delilah to avani.

avani and anthony took care of her for the night while vinnie and milo slept.

milo wouldnt be discharged for a week after she woke up, so they would be stuck in the hospital for another 6 days.

a week later

vinnie laid delilah in the crib before laying beside milo and being the big spoon.

"still tired?" he asked.
"very"

she fell asleep almost at an instant which is how most days went for them. they were happy and that was all that mattered.

~~
ONE
MORE
CHAPTER

IM NOT READYYYY

also im glad vinnie's happy :)

do you think i should republish the Fling book about him or keep it in the drafts?