chapter twenty four

everyone thanks me as i set the food down. "you're welcome." i say while handing out plates.

i get two meat dumplings, rice, some kimchi, and beef with broccoli.

"okay, do not- i mean do not spill anything on the beds." morisuke scolds as we're all sitting on the bed.

"there's housekeeping for a reason." i say before taking a bite of my dumpling.

"we must be humble guests!" lev says in a horrible british accent with a laugh.

the others laugh along while i almost choke on my dumpling because of that. lev wants to be charged with murder.

"atsuko-chan, don't die on me!" akane exclaims while i'm drinking from a water bottle, making me almost spit it out.

"you guys just might kill me." i say before going back to eating.

"sorry!" akane and lev exclaim in unison. we all continue eating.

eventually, we all finish eating. it took a while to finish because lev kept doing that fucking accent, making me have to excuse myself.

"what're we gonna do now?" akane questions while we're all sitting on either bed after eating. i didn't think of that.

"let's do.. a scavenger hunt." lev randomly says.

"how're we supposed to do a scavenger hunt, lev." morisuke furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"like.. for example, what are the colors of the hotel logo?"

"ohhh.. i wanna play!" akane exclaims.

"too childish." morisuke looks away and crosses his arms.

"i'll play." i say.

"same." kuroo says.

"me too!" yamamoto exclaims.

"i guess." kenma sighs.

"okay, then we can do partners!" lev clutches his hands in excitement.

"mori-chan, can you make the list, since you aren't playing." i look at morisuke. he turns to me with an unamused look. i give him puppy dog eyes.

"fine!" he gets up from the bed and goes into our room to make the lists. puppy dog eyes work every time.

"okay, what're the partners?" kuroo questions about five minutes later, when morisuke comes back with the lists.

"i wanna be with lev!" akane exclaims. she definitely fancies him.

"aaaatsukooo~ can-" kuroo starts.

"no." i say, already knowing what he's going to ask.

kuroo puts the back of his hand on his forehead. "why not, i just want to be appreciated!" he does the same bad accent as lev.

"because you aren't my boyfriend."

"i could be."

kenma doesn't hesitate to throw a pillow and kuroo. "no, you can't be."

"aw, okay." kuroo pouts, annoyingly.

"then it's settled!"

the list says:

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

how many seats are there in the dining area?

how many rooms are along this hallway?

how many feet does the pool go to?

how many lights are hanging in the lobby?

what room number is across the hall?

count the amount of stairs you go down to get to the main lobby.

what's the name of the receptionist at the front desk?

draw the hotel logo.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

morisuke's really going to have us running around now.

"you want us to go outside?" lev questions as he and akane look at the list.

"mhm." morisuke says while handing us pens. necessarily, if you're thinking, you don't have to go outside to see the logo. the main lobby should have it around somewhere.

"whoever wins gets.." morisuke intensively thinks about the prize. "a hug from yours truly!" he says with a big smile.

"if that's the case, i don't wanna win." i put the paper down between me and kenma.

"ah- wow. okay, you know what. the four losers have to jump in the pool, fully clothed." morisuke says with a chuckle.

"what?!" akane and lev exclaim in unison.

"yakkun.." kuroo facepalms.

"okay, now i wanna win." i sigh.

"yeah, now we're talking." morisuke says while slowly nodding. "well, i'll give you guys thirty five minutes to do as many as you can."

we all get up from the beds and stand near the door leading to the hallway. morisuke opens the door and we all head off. well, not yet because we get the number of the room across from us, then head off.

"okay, kenma. i refuse to lose, and i am not going back into that pool again."

"let's do the easier stuff first."

"most of the stuff is downstairs, besides the rooms and.. the stairs. fuck, why the stairs. we're on the fourth floor."

"he truly wants us to suffer."

i groan. "well, let's not wait any longer."

kenma nods and we go to the end of the hall, starting to count rooms. after doing that, we go down the retched stairs and count those as well. kenma counts the hanging lights while i go over to the reception desk.

"good evening! how may i help you?" the receptionist questions with a sweet smile.

"i was just wondering, what's your name?"

"i'm genevieve!"

"oh, that's pretty. thanks." i write down her name. "oh yeah, do you have like.. anything with the hotel's logo on it?" i question while looking around.

"mhm!" genevieve bends down behind the desk and comes back up with a room service paper, the hotel's logo in the top right corner.

"thanks, again."

"no problem!"

i bring the paper closer to me and begin copying the logo.

"may i ask, why are you questioning me?" genevieve asks me as i continue.

"we're doing like.. a scavenger hunt type thing."

"sounds like fun!"

i nod and continue drawing. someone taps my shoulder as i'm almost done with the sketch. i quickly stop drawing, making sure not to mess it up. i look up to see..