Part Twenty-Three

"What year did the Giant Wars take place?" El asked the group, reading from her book of practice questions

"What year did the Giant Wars take place?" El asked the group, reading from her book of practice questions. The group was sat in the library and been hitting the books for hours on end. Well, Bobbie and El had been diligently studying the entire time. Fred and George had spent a great deal of their study block levitating students' books above their heads and laughing as they watched them search for them.

"20th century," George said as he folded a paper airplane.

"19th century," Bobbie corrected quietly from her spot curled up on the windowsill. El clapped for her friend, warning George to open a book for once in his life.

Bobbie chuckled softly at her friends sitting at the table in front of her before returning to her own literature. El carried on quizzing the twins on information about mystical creatures, Bobbie always correcting their wrong answers.

The students had been back at Hogwarts for about two weeks, and the seventh years were spending all their time in the library or other quiet parts of the castle studying until their brains turned into mush. Unless you were Fred or George Weasley, who were determined to charm their way through their exams. Bobbie and Remus hadn't uttered a word to each other since their arrival, and Bobbie didn't have it in her to even show up for her defense lessons anymore.

She wished she could drop the course, but she needed the class on her transcripts for healing applications.

"You two men would be smart to listen to these girls and crack open a book. I do not wish to have the pleasure of teaching you two for an eighth year!" Professor McGonagall snickered as she came up to the group. "Miss. Granger, Dumbledore has sent me to inform you that he wishes to speak to you in his office."

Bobbie furrowed her brow, wondering what her headmaster could want with her. Nonetheless, she closed her book and hopped from the ledge of the windowsill to follow her professor. "Oo you're in trouble," Fred sang with grin smeared on his face.

"Something you are quite familiar with, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said from over her shoulder, waving her wand to force Fred's feet off the table.

Bobbie wordlessly trailed behind her transfiguration professor as she led her to the headmaster's office. "Professor, do you have any idea what he wants with me?" Bobbie asked as they approached the grand entrance of Dumbledore's office.

Professor McGonagall shook her head as she wove her wand, revealing the staircase that led to the headmaster's office. Bobbie gave her professor a nod of gratitude before climbing the steps and knocking on the large oak door.

The door swung open on it's own and Dumbledore willed the girl to enter and take a seat. "Candy?" he asked, waving to the assortment of candy bowls on his desk.

Bobbie shook her head and laughed. "No offense headmaster, but anytime you offer me candy it always ends up biting me or being an earwax jellybean."

This caused Dumbledore to let out a hearty laugh of understanding. "I'm sure you are wondering why I've asked you here." Bobbie nodded, suddenly nervous he knew something about her and Remus's relationship. Relationship, if you would even call it that. "It has been brought to my attention that you haven't attended a single defense lesson since arriving back from holiday. Is Lupin's teaching unsatisfactory?"

Did Remus go to the headmaster instead of speaking with her first? "No, not at all. I-I've just been a bit overstretched with exams coming so soon, and I've already read a majority of what Re-Professor Lupin is teaching."

The headmaster smiled at the bright young witch. "I don't doubt you have Miss. Granger. You and your sister are the brightest pair of witches this castle has seen in many years. However, this doesn't mean you can tuck out on your classes, you need to start going to his classes or I'm afraid I will have to ask Professor Lupin to fail you."

Bobbie nodded to her headmaster, telling him she understood what was being asked of her. He dismissed her to continue studying. She felt annoyed, but she knew Dumbledore just wanted his pupils to meet their requirements for graduation.

As Bobbie was making her way back to her common room she saw Remus in the corridor, and she glued her eyes to the floor. She surprised herself by raising her head and shouting, "Hey thanks for telling on me to Dumbledore."

Remus stopped in tracks and turned to face the girl. "Would you have started coming to class if I asked you myself?" Bobbie stayed silent, knowing he was right. "That's what I thought. You can't receive special privileges, Bobbie, it will look odd. I have to treat you as any other student."

"Well you're amazing at doing that," she bit out before dipping into her common room, ignoring his calls for her.

She ran straight to her dormitory, jumping on her bed and covering her head with her pillow. How was she supposed to survive the rest of the term with this man?