0.8

4  DAYS UNTIL THE SUICIDE

Evelyn's P.O.V.

I haven't seen Calum for almost a week. Either he's avoiding me or he's just not coming to school.

On the other hand, Charisma and I have been hanging out a lot more. She kinda opened up to me about how her parents left her after the divorce and she lives with her two brothers. 

Today, for some reason, I felt like I needed to check up on Calum. I don't know where we stand right now, but I'm starting to worry.

So that's why I'm here, outside Calum Hood's house debating whether I should go inside. The only car in the driveway was his, which meant his parent's aren't home, which wasn't a surprise. His parents are oceanographers so they are usually at sea and never at home. 

I get out of my car and the next thing I know, I'm at his front door. I knock a few times before I notice the door is open a crack. I get kinda scared because I've seen this moment many times in the movies. 

A part of me has a feeling that someone is inside doing horrible things to him. Another part of me thinks that if I go inside, that person is going to hurt. Then again, If someone is inside hurting him, I'm gonna have to help him. But, he could also just have a girl here.

I don't know what is going on, but I can't just sit here and do nothing.

I toughen up for a moment and walk into his house. It's big. The ceiling sits high about the second floor with a beautiful chandelier hanging down. The big beautiful windows bring so much sunlight into the living room and kitchen and it bring out the marble that covers almost everything.

I start looking around for Calum and when I don't find him on the first floor, I head upstairs. The hallway is long with many doors on each side. It's just as pretty as the first floor.

 I open the first door and it's just a coat closet. The second door is a pink bedroom with sutffed animals and fantasy creatures everywhere.I didn't know Calum had a sister.

I keep going and open the door right next door to that one and find a room with a gold and white theme. I start to get a little scared because I still haven't found him.

I open the next door and the walls are baby blue. There is a small bed in the middle of a window with white curtains. There were clothes against the wall and some scattered on the floor, along with trash and school supplies. On the wall, with big, bold, white letters, said "Calum". I got the hint this was his room so I immediately start searching the room, but he's not in there. My heart starts beating faster so I start running into every room...until I open the bathroom door.

The whole bathroom reeks of weed and It has a faint tint of smoke. I see Calum on the floor with tear stained cheeks, barely awake. He was wearing nothing but a pair of grey Nike shorts. He is leaning against the bath tub with his legs propped up and his head leaning back. He doesn't even notice I walked in.

"Calum." I start crying while I sit next to him trying to wake him up. His bloodshot eyes open slowly and he just stares at me for a while. "What did you do?"

"I'm so sorry." He mumbled and started crying into my arms. I started to hold him and at this point, I have so many thoughts running through my mind. 

"Calum, look at me." I titled his head up and looked him his eyes. His pupils were huge and his eyes were so puffy. "What did you do?" 

"I just cried. I'm so sorry. I hate myself for what I did to you." His words cut through me like a knife. He feels like this because of me.

It took me a second to think about what to say next, but I figured it out.

"No, no, no. I forgave you already, remember? It's nobody's fault. It was an accident...and we made up, right? We're friends now and we pushed this past us." I wipe the wet tears from his cheeks and wrap my arms around his again.

"Promise me you aren't going anywhere." I mutter into his hair.

"I promise."

~

IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 46388373839.9 YEARS BC MY FRIIENDS ARE FUCKING RUDE & THEY ARE FAKE AND IVE LOST SO MANY AND IDK MY LIFE IS FALLING APART.