Chapter 24

Poor Josh.

Jess had lured him into her trap.

You didn't even know they were friends until he said so.

Let me tell you the whole story;

One day seventh grade Josh was minding his own business when he saw some eighth graders picking on a sixth grade girl.

Being the heroic guy he was, he went right up to the kids.

"Whatcha doin'?" He asked.

"None of your business Hyland." The guy said.

Everyone knew who Josh Hyland was.

Who didn't? He was the most popular guy in seventh grade. All the girls fancied him.

"Are you ok?" Josh asked the girl.

She weakly nodded.

"You heard her. Now leave." Another guy said.

"Hey! Just leave her alone! What'd she do to you?" Josh asked.

By now, basically the whole school came to watch.

"I said mind your own business." The guy said.

"Make me." Josh said.

"You know what, I'm not gonna fight you. Have your precious sixth grader." The guy scoffed, and walked away, his entourage following.

"Thanks." The girl said.

"No problem. I'm Josh." He said.

"I'm Jess. Jess Baker."

Josh walked Jess to class, and a girl named (Y/N) stood on the sidelines watching with her best friend, Sophie, wishing that Josh would do that to her.

-

Josh and Jess became inseparable.

Jess soon grew to have feelings for Josh, but was devastated when she found out that he like (Y/N).

So she set up a plan to ruin her.

She would steal her best friend, guy that she liked, and steal her spot at her dance studio.

She got the third one, and working on the others.

But when she realized how happy she was at the ALDC, she realized she had to take your place there.

And Jess didn't get how Josh didn't like her.

All the boys liked her, with her ginger hair, and brown eyes, who wouldn't like her?

But even with Jess trying (and failing) she realized that Josh only had eyes for (Y/N).

So she told Josh (at Annie's) that (Y/N) came up to her and said to stay away from Josh.

Of course, Josh believed her and when he noticed (Y/N), he went right up to her.

-

"(Y/N)! If you have a problem with Jess, you need to tell me!" Josh said, approaching you.

"You know what! I do!" You said.

"I knew it!"

"Yeah! She's always hated me." You whispered.

"It's true." Jess said, standing up.

"What?" Josh asked.

"I've hated her for a long time."

"Why?" Josh asked.

"I was jealous! She had everything! She had you. You spent all our time talking about her."

"Oh. I didn't notice." He whispered.

"And I sent that text."

"You did? Why would you say that?" He asked.

"I don't know." She cried.

"(Y/N), I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean any of it."

"It's...um...alright." You said.

"Great! My best friend and girlfriend are friends! I'm gonna head to the bathroom, you two do some gal bonding!" He said, walking off.

Jess' tears stopped flowing, and she smirked at you.

"What?" You asked.

"You're so pathetic." She said.

"Excuse me?" You asked.

"You heard me."

"I thought you wanted to be my friend." You said.

"Like If ever want to be friends with you."

"Then why was that back there?"

"I figured that I'd ruin you later. When it really hurts. You and Josh aren't in love yet. And I'll ruin you when you are." Jess smirked.

"Yeah. Whatever." You rolled your eyes.

"Hey I'm back." Josh said.

"Oh hey!" Jess said, perking up.

You put on a fake smile. "Let's get something to eat."
-
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating! I've been working in a new fanfic. It's called 'Welcome To High school.' I'm super excited. It's like the show glee. But a little different. It stars Chloe. I'm super excited! The first chapter will be posted on Valentines Day! Love you!