🌕 . . chapter five.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ that's good, but what about . . ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( november 09, 2022. )

raeil and doyoung simultaneously erupted into a loud fit of laughter after recalling the ridiculous bet which, unfortunately, didn't occur anymore over the course of years.

you could say it was unfulfilled, but certainly not forgotten.

"who knew in five years you'd still drive like a grandad?"

"who knew in five years you still wouldn't know how to drive?"

yet another sigh of defeat escaped her lips, feigning frustration. you know, winning in arguments was her thing (and that was proven by her history of debate victories) but with doyoung, that ability was diminished. she didn't know if it was psychological bias, but it sure was questionable.

"but i still gave you hugs, right?"

"as you should." 

"i'm literally boyfriend goals."

she treated him with silence to fuck with him a little, causing him to shoot her a sour look as the car continued to directly move forward in a normal pace.

after a few minutes of searching through soundcloud in the midst of his bitterness, raeil found the song which served as perfection to the sappy mood they lingered in. she nudged him to attain complete focus.

"wait, doyoung, listen to the song."

and you could say it was special.

the first song which had him as a vocal inclusion.

that one song.

memories then flooded his mind, the thought of an intricate yet low-budgeted production making his lips curve into a bittersweet smile. the nostalgia brought a tremendous effect, and that included his hands slightly trembling from the intensity of all his interconnected emotions during that one particular moment.

oh how he missed its every aspect.

listening to it again left him breathless.

"i heard the band's getting signed into a record label," she shared, smile warmer than earlier. "how do you feel?"

"yeah, i'm glad. so, so glad."

( ❑❑❑ )