🌑 . . chapter four.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ followed by our first drive. ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( march 31, 2017. )

the fact that doyoung was single-handedly taught by his boomer dad before getting his own car was shown when he drove in a very, very slow manner along the busy highway. behind them, honks from vehicles with frustrated drivers occupied the entire atmosphere.

the male remained unbothered though.

"you drive like my grandad," raeil said, looking outside her side of the vehicle window as she sighed, "now i miss my grandad."

he managed to find a fitting excuse, "don't blame me, the traffic is heavy."

"it's not? love, i can count the cars around us with my fingers and they're moving perfectly." her words were partnered with elaborative hand gestures, which honestly would be comedic for anyone else's sight. "do you even see it? this is why i refuse to believe you had lasik."

"if you keep on complaining, why not drive for me instead, huh?"

"i would if i had a license."

"that's your loss."

raeil scoffed, replying with a statement attaining utmost confidence, "watch me get a license to outdrive you."

doyoung could only chuckle. was 'outdrive' even a word? though it probably wasn't, she sure made it sound cute.

"bet."

"pay me 20,000 won once i do." the offer was seemingly simple, but heavy if the price was literally the maximum of your salary's range.

"nah, i'm too broke for that. i'll just... hug you."

as much as she loved his hugs, she wasn't exactly one to turn down on money.

so to fulfill this, she feigned a disliking for the suggestion.

"you do that all the time, it's not fair."

"it'll be extra special by that time." he glanced towards her, seeing that one look he couldn't resist through numerous efforts. he looked back to the front in panic, hoping the distractingly cute expression doesn't lure him into whatever shit he'd regret later on. "fine, 4,000 won?"

"5,000 and uh... hugs?"

"deal."

but oh, love, you don't need to learn how to drive to get hugs from me.

( ❑❑❑ )