6: S STANDS FOR SPENCER

Depuis le début

I leaned my body to the glass panel, “What are you doing?” he asked.

I’m flexible enough para makapunta sa kabilang bahagi ng glass panel. I was doing my best not to look below dahil ang tanging kapit ko sa stool bars, at mga paa sa manipis na platform ang nag aalalay sa akin upang hindi mahulog.

“You must be insane,” Spencer whispered.

“Hand me the flare,” I mumbled.

Nanginginig kong inabot ang flare na kanyang sinindihan. I was mumbling a lot of curse word inside my mind. At kung mahuhulog man ako rito at least hindi ako naging isang Bozo.

My other hand, the one holding the stool bar, was starting to drench in sweat. As I slowly lift my hand ay nagdadasal ako upang maabot ng flare ang katawan ni Pigmalone.

Nang mapansin kong dahan-dahan na nawawala ang kapit ko sa stool bar. Maging ang binti ko’y nangangatog na rin dahil sa pangangalay.

I closed my eyes, and as I calm myself until I felt someone grabbing my waist, “Stupid,” Parker whispered, making me opened my eyes. He was leaning half of his body to the glass panel while Spencer is supporting his back.

He mightily pulled me, and at the same time, the flare touches Pigmalone’s body, making him explode. Spencer planned to make half of Pigmalone’s body explode para hindi ganoong kalakas ang maging impact nito kumpara kung sasabog siya ng kusa na magkakaroon ng severe damages sa buong mall.

The loud explosion made us fly not from afar. I can smell the scent of roasted pork and knowing that it Pigmalone. IT IS NOT YUMMY.

Parker helped me to get up. The plan was a success.

The first step of Spencer’s plan was to drench Pigmalone into a pool of water. After that, the water around him, as well as the one covering him, will be the conductor of the electricity that will be delivered by the wires from the manikin. But that is not the real use of electricity; its role is to decompose the water chemically. With hydrogen being left in the composition, the fire, in addition to decomposing water, means explosion.

That brilliant idea came from Spencer.

“Spencer is not here,” Parker stated.

Ginala ko ang aking paningin ngunit wala akong nakitang Spencer sa paligid. I decided to look below when I heard growlings from the first floor. Napakapit na lamang ako bigla kay Parker nang makita ko ang ginagawa ng mga Bozos.

The Bozos waiting at the outside were devouring Pigmalone. It was a sickening sight.

“Shit… Einstein alert,” Parker whispered.

At the center, the only Bozo who wasn’t devouring Pigmalone was looking at us. It is the deadliest Bozo that we’ve met from this apocalypse. The only Bozo who has its brain still working.

Kinakabahan akong lumingon kay Parker. Ang masamang kutob ko kanina pa ay dahil dito. The other goners were still busy eating Pigmalone, while another two Bozos went to the Einstein.

The Einstein growled.

Mabilis akong hinila ni Parker paalis. Wala pang isang minuto ay narinig namin ang mabibigat na yabag ng mga tumatakbong Bozos.

“We need to find Spencer!” I shouted.

Sa isang colony na may Einstein, kahit na tumahimik kami ay makikita pa rin kami ng mga Bozos. They are both the eyes and the brain of the Bozos, and it seems unfair.

Ilang beses kaming lumingon sa paligid ngunit kahit anino ni Spencer ay wala. We circulated the whole mall, and we are back at the center. Ang mga Bozos ay nasa likod pa rin namin at pilit kaming hinahabol.

We heard the sound of an engine below us, “JUMP!” Spencer broadcasted from the speaker.

Ang mga kutson na hinulog niya kahapon ay nandoon. At kahit sobrang taas ay tumalon pa rin kami ni Parker, mabilis din ang pagbangon namin dahil tumalon din ang mga Bozos.

When we reach the center, I saw how awful Pigmalone looks like; half of his body exploded, and his kind ate his limbs.

Parker halted, making me also to stop. The blinding lights of the luxurious car were irritating. Saglit pang bumwelo si Spencer and he drifted in our direction. Pinaikot niya ang sasakyan sa amin dahilan upang tumalsik palayo ang mga Bozos na natatamaan ng sasakyan.

And when the Bozos approaching was no longer than many, the doors automatically opened. Mabilis pa kaming sumakay ni Parker.

At halos mamura ko si Spencer nang makita ko siya. He was wearing shades while banging his head.

“ASTIG KO ANO?”

Mabilis kong hinablot ang mic na hawak niya saka iyon tinapon sa labas. Binalot na lamang ako ng kaba nang lumingon ako sa aking likuran.

On the second floor…

A menacing pair of crimson eyes were looking down at me.

#