I

*Flashback - before Lisa started dating*
(You'll find out who it is, don't worry)

"I don't think people understand how stressful it is to explain what's going on in your head when you don't even understand it yourself"

Jennie's POV

It was another one of those boring days when we had no schedule at all.

We ate dinner that Jisoo made, but I still wasn't sleepy, so I asked Lisa if she wanted to binge watch some Netflix TV show with me in my room. She said yes, duh.

"Ugh, I'm so full!" Lisa said and plopped on my bed, her head lost somewhere between my pillows.

"Nini, have I ever told you how good you smell, I would literally sleep every day here in your room," said Lisa, which made me blush slightly. I was hoping she wouldn't notice, so I started roaming my wardrobe to find her favorite hoodie that is now mine - and, well, to hide my face from her.

"Shut up, I got goosebumps, that sounded so cheesy. And would you ever lay like a normal person? You look like a starfish, and definitely not a pretty one." I said trying to cover up how flustered I am. Bitchy and cold attitude was always my talent, and it became my shield through time.

"Aww, Ruby Jane, that hurts," Lisa said with her hand on chest acting hurt. "But, I'm only your starfish," said she while winking. What a flirt.
"I can be your Patrick and you can be my Spongebob - best friends forever and ever and ever" she sang.

Best friends. I smiled, but my smile didn't reach my eyes.

"Best friends forever huh?" I said. "You need to earn that, you monkey" I chuckled.

"Who do you call monkey, you mandu!" she said and pulled me to the bed. I stumbled and finished on top of her.

God, can this be more awkward?

I felt relieved when she started laughing. "You have always been so clumsy. Lucky you, I was there to catch you." she hugged me.

"You were the one who pulled me! And my bed would catch me if you didn't, so it doesn't count." I smirked and wiggled out of her arms.

"You love your bed more than me? Well, in that case, watch Stranger Things with the company of your bed ma'am." she tried to get up, but I pulled her back and hugged her tight while she was trying to get out of my grip

"Please don't go! I didn't say that I love my bed more than you, you were the one who said that."

"But you did not deny it!" my grip was tight enough for her to not escape. "I don't know how, but you are damn strong you little dumpling."

"Stay. Please." I pouted.

"Okay, but if you admit how much you love me." She smirked and sat in front of me. Our faces were so close.

WHAT?! I widened my eyes, my hands started sweating.

"Wh-what are you talking about Lili?"

"Admit it. Say it" She smiled and came even more close to me.

"A-a-admit w-what?" I whispered, afraid that something would surely happen if I move a little more.

"That you love me.....

.....more than your bed"

I sighed really loud and moved away from her. Partly because I was relieved because she still doesn't know my secret, but partly because I was so flustered at the moment.

"Okay.................... I love you, Lili......

................same as my bed"

"NO! Say that you love me more!" She came on top of me and strangled me. I got extremely nervous.

"Okay okay okay I love you more than I love my bed."

"Yassssss thank you Nini-ah!" She moved her body from mine and side hugged me while we're both lying on the bed.

"Let's watch Stranger Things now. I bet that Jonathan and Nancy will end up together!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We were both sleepy after few episodes and decided to go to sleep.
Lisa turned off the TV.

"Jen?"

"Lis?"

"Can I sleep here with you? Please?"

"W-why?" I always played dumb even though I love when she sleeps with me.

"Come on Jennie-ah we're sleeping together almost always."

"Fine." I tried to keep my cold face but I couldn't help but release a face-splitting smile.
She scooted closer to me, though I thought that we can't get any closer than we already were. My back faced her and she spooned me. Her arm was already wrapped tightly around my waist as if it already knew where it belonged. She snuggled her face in the crook of my neck. I could hear her heavy breathing.

And I knew. I knew that I will always want to be like this with her. To be with her the second I fall asleep and when I open my eyes in the morning. I was falling deeper and deeper every day.

"Nini?"

"Yes, Lili?"

"I know that we often fight about petty things. But those are all for fun? Right? You know, joking. We're okay? Right?" She asked uncertainly.

I turned around to face her. "Why are you bringing it up now? Of course, we're okay Lili. What's the matter?"

She sighed and looked down. "I'm afraid that...that one day some stupid petty fight would tear us apart. That's why I wanted to ensure you that no matter what are we argue about, I love you Nini, and I don't want to live without you, without this, us, or any of you." She looked me in the eyes.
I smiled and teared a little. My hand started caressing her cheek. She closed her eyes and leaned into my touch.

"Lili, I-"

I love you too. More than anything, you need to know that I was in love with you this whole fucking time, and losing you is the last thing that I'll ever want.

I couldn't say that. The words were stuck in my throat like a big ball of insecurity and fear.

"You won't ever lose me, Lili. I love you too." I hugged her.

We were holding each other, heads in the crook of each other's neck, arms tightly wrapped around our bodies, as if we're afraid that the other would go away. We listened to each other's breathing until we fell asleep.

_______________________________________

tell me if the fluff is too cringe, I'm not that compassionate as a person, so I don't really know is it good or not 😐

peace out✌🏻
LM