"Wait like they went to dinner once or twice?" Ben asked trying to get to the bottom of this.

"You really don't want to know." Shepard said.

" Shepard?" Ben said worried.

"Like don't go into the conference room 8 or 9 without knocking." Derek said whispering. "Oh- come onnn." Ben said hurt.

"You asked." Derek said feeling bad.

"Does she talk about him?" Ben asked.

"yeah she said his hands had a kind of tenderness, some kind of magic." Derek said being smart.

" You are an ass." Ben said seriously. " How long has this been um going on?"

" Its been months, just don't yell at my nurses even the men." Derek said walking away.

" Sure- drop a bomb and then just walk away." Ben yelled.
He was really hurt about this and pissed. "Months." He repeated to himself in disbelief. Here he was waiting for her and she already moved on. Ben tried to push these thoughts out of his mind and continued on to the rest of his day.

The next day Ben was going to the nurse station to hand the nurses his charts and update patient information; when he turned around towards the elevator, he saw Miranda and the Nurse talking. He was holding her hand and she was smiling up at him.

All Ben could do was just stand there and watch. It hurt him to even look at them together, but he couldn't tare his eyes away. Derek came up and walk on the other side of him.

" They look happy." Ben said saddened.

" Yeah they do, I guess I'll be seeing you at the deck tonight." Derek said walking away.

Ben stood and watched as the elevator opened and she backed in with him, pulling his hand.

Ben rolled his eyes and walked away.
Ben ended up going to the Deck again tonight and he hammered nails into it for five hours. He decided it was time to go home so he could be rested for tomorrow's shift.

When Ben got home he got into the shower and he was thinking about everything, he wanted Miranda to be happy even if it was not with him.

He wanted it to be him, but she didn't pick him. She was the most beautiful woman in the world to him, she was incredibly smart, driven, and successful. He loved her and he thought she felt the same way, but obviously she didnt and did not reciprocate those feeling. The crazy thing about it is he would do it all over and over again, even though they would break up in the end. He decided that he needed to move on as well.

Its been a few weeks and Ben was back to his normal self. He was still giving Pierre lattes, he just didn't want to see her.

"Hey you ready for this meeting, i heard it was going to be long and that they were bringing in someone." Knox asked catching up to Ben.

Ben nodded walking through the doors "it shouldn't be the meeting is only for those who work with maternity."  Ben said finding a seat and sitting down.

In walks the chief and what Ben suspects is the woman they were bringing in. Brown hair waving, brown sparkling eyes, and she was confident. Ben's mouth drop a little and he couldn't seem to take her eyes off the unknown woman, she was different.

Webber goes to the head of the table as always, and the mysterious brunette follows suit, standing beside him, eyes scanning the room ,their eyes met, He felt nervous all of a sudden, he hasn't felt this way in months.

The sound of Webber's voice broke him out of the staring contest with the woman and directed his attention to the Chief. "Ladies and gentlemen, first I'd like to thank you all for being here and being punctual "Now, I'm sure you've all noticed that I didn't arrive alone. This is Dr. Kimberly Williams, a spectacular obgyn/fetal/neonatal surgeon from UCLA.