I smirked, and got up from my chair to walk in slow steps to the elderly. The woman wrapped my waist with her arms, giving me a warm hug.

"Mom!" Mark spoke embarrassed when we came out of my office "I already told you not to leave the house without me."

Mark was already a mature man, he should be in his early forties. He had a strong physique, but nothing muscular, his hair was cut in military style, accompanied by a stubble beard. The few times I had seen him, he seemed to be very attentive with Mrs. Dolores, always taking her out of unusual situations.

"My TV was stolen, son."

He gave me a sheepish look, as his hands rested on the woman's tired shoulders.

"A thousand apologies, deputy."

"Don't worry, Mark."

"I don't even know what to say." he said as he laid eyes on his mother.

"You don't have to say anything, just take your mother home."

"Thank you again."

The man led the woman out of the police station, as he murmured calmly that she shouldn't show up here without his presence. Perhaps the woman had some hearing problem or she just ignored her son's words, because she didn't even pay him attention.

"She must like this police aura." Olive spoke as she approached.

I faced my best friend with a frown.

"You think?"

"I'm sure! Or she's into you."

"Shut up!" I exclaimed pushing her with my body.

I went back to my office hearing Olive's laughter in the background.

"It's not funny! This is frustrating!"

"What is?"

"Everything! Nothing ever happens in this police station." I spoke as I sat back on my chair.

"It means that everything is fine, Roseanne."

I huffed as I leaned over my desk.

"You should be happy about this."

"I know! But I'm not."

"Perhaps this can improve your mood?"

I partially lifted my head to look at Olivia who with the tip of her fingers dragged a sheet of paper on my desk. I accommodated myself on my chair picking up the paper.

"Read it to me, Roseanne!"

I lifted my gaze to the woman who was standing in front of my desk. Olive crossed her arms with a broad smile, which made me even more curious about what was on that paper.

"Dear, Ms. Park,
I hereby inform that we received your transfer request to the police station of the city of New York. And through a careful analysis of your police background, we verified that you are duly incorporated in the requested requirements for the position of admission. If it is still of your interest get in contact with our base.
Best regards,
Jason Connor."

"Olive..." I whispered after lowering the sheet of paper, and face my best friend.

"Yes?"

I breathed slowly, not believing what I had just read. The words seemed scrappy in my head, as if they were written in a language in which I wasn't fluent.

"This letter, it..."

"Yes, Roseanne. You have been accepted!" she said excitedly.

"Oh my God! Finley!" I got up from the chair quickly "I'm going to New York! Olive, fuck!"