"And yet you stand here and hurt her mother every day,"

Suddenly, my mom marched towards me. Then, I was violently yanked out of my chair and into her arms. I'm screaming and crying but she only holds me against her. I looked at my father through desperate eyes and his lips parted helplessly.

Then, I felt the sharp blade against my neck.

"Adelle, what are you doing?" My father questioned with caution, his hands raised. "Leave Rochelle. This is between the both of us. Don't hurt her,"

"You never wanted me, right? Or Rochelle? Now, I'll send her back to the moon and then kill myself too so you can finally be happy with all your mistresses, so this never-ending hell would finally come to an end,"

***

The Present

I wake up with a start, feeling like I can't breathe as I cling onto my neck. Yet another one of my childhood memories that haunts me. I cough continuously, feeling like something sharp is stuck in my throat.

Despite years passing by since that incident, anytime I dreamt about it, I could swear that I could still feel the sharp blade against my neck. I exhale, reaching for the glass of water next to me. I drank it all.

I needed fresh air. A lot of it.

I stood up, wore my stockings and shoes and darted out of the room. I needed to breathe and if possible shift but no, I was reluctant to shift. I weaved my way through the mansion to the outside, still feeling suffocated despite the night's fresh air. The moon stood in all it's glory beyond the horizon and I cursed it. The reason it's giving me these memories as dreams, is it to punish me because of my sinister ploy to seduce Enzo?  Because I don't understand why I'm remembering these things so frequently. It was never this frequent.

I walked in the field, my skirt flowing with the breeze like a free soul. The howls tormented the air but in several ways, they comforted me. No Raven, you aren't that child anymore so calm the fuck down.

To be honest, my parents were just simply mismatched from the start but still, that doesn't mean I want to be woken up in the middle of the night because of their memories. Well, in all honesty, Enzo wanted me to remember my past and I guess he's getting exactly what he wished for.

My parents met at a convention about rocks. That's how I got my name even. Rochelle, my birth name literally means 'little rock' and it was just a play on how my parents met. Creative, I know.

My father, Jon Umber was the heir to his father's architectural empire - Umber Creations. At the time, it was just only starting to get recognition but still, it was promising and grew into a huge business empire. My mom on the other hand was a geophysicist.

They met at some convention about nature and the environment. I don't know. All I really know is that it was about rocks. The minute my parents walked into that room, they smelt each other and knew that they were mates. My father was a casanova and despite my mom being his mate, that didn't stop him because like with every other woman in his past, he seduced my mom into his bed. They had sex that very night and it went really far because he didn't know how to control himself with her and neither did she. Before he knew it, he couldn't control himself and marked her as his.

The rest is history.

They dated, got married officially and after a year, had me. But their marriage was far from happy. My dad had wondering eyes. My father and lust were inseparable. He cheated on my mom constantly. A new mistress every week and it tore my mom apart.

My mother started to drink in order to deal with the fact that her mate was constantly unfaithful. She became really violent when she was drunk. She used to beat my dad. Well, technically, he never fought back because according to him, she was a female but my mom fought with him a lot. This built an even bigger wedge between them. Eventually, they became more co-parents than lovers.