Knights of Light pt.1

Start from the beginning

Both of us had the entity swirling inside of us, and that could cause serious problems. I would have to find a way to resolve it soon.

Suddenly, Allura gasped for air, her eyes shooting wide open filled with so much fear.

"Allura, are you okay?" Lance asked.

Allura looked around the room in a daze, seeing all of us surrounding her bedside.

"What's going on? Where am I?" she asked sitting up in bed.

"You're in the medical bay." Coran answered.

"When we got back from Clear Day, we found you and Saoirse collapsed on the ground." Lance explained.

"The both of you have been asleep for two quintants. The entity, it's missing."

I sighed, "That's right." I said, grabbing everyone's attention, "Allura, before the two if us collapsed, you allowed the entity to escape and enter you. However, when I tried to stop you, the entity entered me as well. Care to explain why you even thought about going near that thing?"

Allura's eyes widened but then softened with guilt and determination as she turned her head away from us. I could tell she was guilty, but I couldn't truly blame her for everything. There was a dark energy surrounding her as she was standing in front of the entity. Something was calling to her to release the entity.

It wasn't all on her own will.

"I did what needed to be done." Allura said.

"No." Coran gasped.

"What needed to be done?" Lance repeated questioningly, "What are you two talking about?"

Allura stared at her hand, "This entity, it is connected to Honerva in some way. I believe we can use it."

"Use it? I...." Lance couldn't take it and turned his head downwards, not knowing what to say about Allura's decision.

"I swore to your father that I would look after you, but I fear I may have let him down." Coran said filled with quilt.

"Allura, I can understand your reasons behind taking in the entity, but this... thing. It's evil and its painful." I said, gripping my chest, "I can feel it inside of me and it's horrible."

Allura's eyes filled with tears as she looked away from me.

"I'm sorry, Saoirse. I didn't just want to take the entity to defeat Honerva, but I wanted to keep you safe as well." She explained.

"What do you mean?" Keith asked.

"I learned... that Saoirse, if she were take the entity, that is if she wanted to, she would be able to use it, but the price would be far too great. I don't know what the price would be, but I would rather take in this evil than to watch as my sister pays the price."

I was shocked, not just because of her answer, but the fact that she called me her sister. She hasn't said it too often, but it was always nice to hear her call me her sister.

I gently took her hand in mine, making her tear stained face turn back towards my smiling expression.

"Thank you for doing this, but you don't have to worry about me so much. Just be sure to tell me if you're feeling any pain from the entity. Okay, Allura?" I asked.

Allura shed her last few tears and nodded with a relieved smile.

Keith wheeled me out of the room and back to my bedroom, where I would at least try to get changed. I could feel a little of my strength come back to me, at least enough for me to change out of my clothes.