Chapter 1: The Beginning

(Author's Note: Ah, so glad you could stop in to have a look!!! I do try to make my stories unique as they can be, so it will work like this. All books will get 8 chapters, unless the ship in question is story crucial, then it will get 10. Chapters range about 1000 - 1500 words, so grab some popcorn beforehand. Now, sit back, relax, and listen to some Tales from Azur Lane!!!)

A cold wind whisked around the cliffs of Dover, as HMS Belfast breathed in the cool air. The maid began walking back to the car behind her, and climbing in with a close friend, HMS Hood. Today was an important day, the commander of Azur Lane was paying the royal navy a visit. Belfast smiled as Hood now pulled onto the highway.

"Thanks for taking me out, Hood. I don't get out very often, or as much as I should, at least." Belfast kindly remarked.

"It's fine." Hood replied. "Because I help guard the Royal Navy headquarters, I'm allowed some leeway. I'm glad I could help."

The two finally reached the headquarters, and both stood ready when a Heavy Cruiser pulled into port. The commander had arrived, accompanied by KMS Prinz Eugen, and USS Enterprise.

Belfast and Hood patiently awaited their commander, who now aimed towards them as they stepped off the ship. Belfast was first to greet him.

"Good to see you commander, I am HMS Belfast, and this is HMS Hood, we are so pleased you could make it here today."

The commander gave a jolly smile and shook her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you both, my name is Ethan Van Gotham. Now, I assume we should all be heading inside?" Ethan questioned. Belfast nodded quietly, and they proceeded on, Prinz Eugen asked to stay back and guard her warship.

Inside the headquarters, Ethan was busy greeting the other warships inside, Belfast bringing some tea for everyone. She could overhear Ethan telling great stories about Azur Lane, and who had taken part to help found it. The royal navy had already sent a few ships to Azur Lane, however, Belfast was not yet apart of them.

She sat back as the commander told the girls about one of the Royal Navy ships who had saved his life, Duke Of York.

"We thought we were finished." Ethan started. "All of a sudden, two shells fly past my head, and out comes Duke Of York, and on her own, she fought off the Siren, and managed to get us all back to port. I really thought we were going to die that day, but she saved our lives, and I have the royal navy to thank".

Belfast was intrigued by the story, part of longing for battle once again. It had been a long time, since the great war. She missed it very much, though she neglected to tell the others.

Ethan was already shown the Commander's office and living quarters, and he was inside when Belfast came in to clean. She was very surprised when she saw Ethan adjusting some of the furniture, sweeping underneath the couches with a broom.