[003] - rumor has it that

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Race you down!" Siobhán smiled mischievously. The brown-haired girl didn't even wait to see her reaction before storming down the steps. What awaited her at the end, though, was something that she wished she could take back. Not even a second passed, and she collided with a hard surface.

Merlin, did it feel like a brick wall.

Siobhán let out a groan as she held onto her forehead, rubbing it in a sort of solace. She regained her composure and backed away to see what she bumped into.

"You should watch where you're going, Parten," James Potter implied with a look. He sported a lopsided grin while gazing down at her. Siobhán felt weird because, first of all, he had never given her that type of grin. Typically it was for his close friends or Lily.

Siobhán opened her mouth to say a witty comeback, but the way James pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose distracted her. She internally smacked herself for even looking slightly below his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked after what seemed like infinite silence from her. "Did you smack into me too hard?" James's brows furrowed in concern.

"Did I smack into . . ." Siobhán blinked quickly, flinching as if she were coming back to her senses. "Did I smack into you too hard? Hardly. I've had a concussion before. Your back is the least of my concerns."

"Such a shame," James sighed. Then he smirked. "I thought you'd be more appreciative of the wake-up call. You know, with it being morning and all?" Siobhán rolled her eyes. "I'm sure that impact made your sleepiness disappear."

"Sorry to break it to you, but I haven't been able to sleep for hours," she shrugged.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, I suppose it helped as a second reminder. Although, you did almost send me flying forward with you."

"Then I could so play Quidditch," Siobhán smiled. "I'd be a master at it if I can already knock you down."

"Now—" James was suddenly cut off.

"Siobhán?" Lily stood in the middle of the steps. Her gaze switched between her and James. One obviously had more hostility than the other. "Is he bothering you?"

The auburn-haired girl stormed down the rest of the stairs. She came shoulder-to-shoulder with Siobhán, starting defiantly at James.

"Lilypetal, I didn't expect to see you around the common at this hour," James backed away from the pair.

Lily scoffed. "You've seen me at this time before. Don't pretend as if it's anything new," she proceeded to grab onto Siobhán. They were heading toward the corridors outside of the Gryffindor tower. Honestly, it was interesting being dragged by someone. Siobhán couldn't have been more ecstatic. Lily reminded her of her mother in that aspect. The thrill, however, was ruined by James Potter's nagging. Of course, stupid date proposals.

"It doesn't hurt to give me a chance!" James pleaded. "I don't ask you as often as I did. I'm toning down, am I not?"

"How many times do I have to tell you, Potter?" Lily halted and turned her head toward James. Siobhán felt herself almost stumble on her own feet at the suddenness. She looked between the two: one staring at the other with admiration and the other staring at them with distaste. On second thought, perhaps it was a good idea to make a run for it.

"I refuse your foolish proposals and your obnoxious date offers! Now, please leave me alone for the rest of your life. Maybe if you listened to me, then you would get the hint and stop with your persistence!" Lily's breathing was heavy as the glint in her gaze was vicious. Siobhán kept watch on James—to see his reaction—with wide eyes. His expression appeared as if someone had slapped him into next week. There she was, the presumed love of his life, berating him for being the most annoying thing on the planet. Siobhán couldn't help but feel bad for him. Her pity was cut short, though. Lily yanked her abruptly and dragged her toward the Great Hall.