[003] - rumor has it that

Start from the beginning

"Siobhán?" Lily squinted before she came up to her.

"Hi."

"You're up early." She looked out the window, quickly cowering away from the light.

"I couldn't sleep much."

Lily patted her on the arm to comfort her. "Do you want to get breakfast together?"

"I'm not sure I want to eat." Siobhán scrunched her nose at the thought. Lily held back a frown.

"It'll wake you up," she said with the intent of persuasion. "A good meal will do you good."

"I don't think it'll sit well."

"How so?"

"I feel ill," she lied through her teeth. That wasn't untrue on many accounts. Siobhán had a sudden wave of not wanting to do anything. She would've preferred to be locked up in the dorm. If it allowed her to get away, then it was the best option.

"Let's go visit Madam Pomfrey, then." Lily looked at her with concern. "She'll make you better in no time."

Siobhán visibly paled at the thought of going to meet the healer. "On second thought, maybe I will join you for that breakfast."

Lily quirked a brow.

"I remember her giving me these potions for my concussion."

"Your concussion?" Lily's brows furrowed deeper.

Siobhán reminisced about the time she had been hit roughly with an object. The details were blurry, but the fact remained. All she could recall was the impact of the fall before passing out.

"I would rather not talk about it," she shuddered from simply giving it a thought.

"Okay. That's fine."

There was an awkward silence afterward. Siobhán cleared her throat and looked around for a moment.

"Do you want to get breakfast now?" Siobhán made her way toward the lavatory. Lily eyed her suspiciously before eventually agreeing.

"Please be quick." The auburn-haired girl called out as Siobhán entered the bathroom. She halted, smiling as she glanced at her briefly.

"Don't worry about that," Siobhán said before closing the door behind her. Lily heaved out a sigh, for she knew what that meant.

•••

Waiting patiently outside the dormitory for Lily Evans was Siobhán Parten. She had been standing here observing the cloudy sky. By that, she meant gray and gloomy. Honestly, it looked like it was going to rain. Probably the worst storm of the year so far.

Siobhán most likely sounded delusional when she said this, but she felt a connection when the sky became restless. Half of the time, it summed up her moods. Whether the colors were blue, gray, pink, or orange, she happened to be centered around the atmosphere. It was as if it called to her.

She smiled in contentment for a fleeting moment. And that's what it was, a fleeting moment.

"Let's go, Parten." Lily's voice snapped her out of her trance. Siobhán turned to look at the girl. She couldn't help but eye her up and down. "We have breakfast to attend!"

Lily Evans wore school robes, which fit her perfectly. She usually made everything seem fashionable. Alongside that, her prefect badge shined beautifully in the light. How could one compare with such beauty? Siobhán was starting to sound a lot like an admirer, but, in truth, she was. Why wouldn't she be? It was Lily Evans!