"Thank you," Kiyoko smiled as she sat down beside the rest of her teammates.

"Look, Makoto's turn!"

As the team cheered for the olive-haired male only landed a fourth place on the leader board.

"Regionals is a totally different animal then district," Rei said.

"You can say that again," Nagisa added.

"Just to think what the world stage is like," as Makati them rejoined his teammates.

"You did really well," Kiyoko gave a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks, Kiyoko," he replied.

"Rin's heat is next, I'm glad Haru and Rin are in different heats," Gou said.

"Go Rin!" Kiyoko shouted as Rin looked up to the stands to her flashing a toothy grin as he winked putting on his goggles.

The red and black clan roared cheering on their captain as he placed first in his heat.

---

Next up the men's one hundred metre freestyle heat six.

"I have a feeling that Haru is going to wow us again,' Rei said as the upperclassmen - Mako and Kiyoko- could feel something off about the raventte male. Scouts eyes all excited and ready to see the prodigy swimmer show off his ability. 

Diving through a strong dive only to be followed by strong kicks soon faded as Haru lagged behind. Kiyoko only knowing the deeper meaning of the water thanks to her coach and brother that the slightest distraction can tick off the fragile liquid no longer welcoming the swimmer in its territory. 

"Little Koko," Pieter called out worryingly as the young swimmer panted as she stopped in the middle of the pool feeling the water's tentacles pulling her down.

"Yeah,' she said looking down.

"What's wrong?" he looked down at his pupil as she kept mute, "Princess I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong. Worries are only a pile of weights on a strong boat that will eventually sink that vessel,"

Haru's feet touched the floor as he stopped right in the middle of the lane as the audience was shocked.

"What's happening?" Nagisa stood up

"what's he doing," Mako said concerningly

"I think... I think he hit his wall," Kiyoko's eyes widened.

---

Haru in the dim abyss of the locker room heard the loud footsteps of an angry embodiment of a shark.

"Haru!" Rin angrily called out.

"What the hell was that?! Are you out of your mind!" Rin pushed him against the locker.

"Like its any of your business," Haru replied

"What? Do you realise how many scouts saw you tank?' He seethed

"Why should I care about what they think?" Haru fired, "Who are they to me? What is this any of this to me? Do you think I do this to say to the crowd hey look at my kick-ass time?"

"Then why do you do then?" Rin asked firmly as Kiyoko out of breath ran in.

"Rin that's enough-,"