Chapter 43

"Of course he's here," Harry scowled, "what're you doing, come and help me look!"

He frantically ran up and down the rows staring up the empty aisles. Nobody followed, they watched him run past and check the other side.

Sirius Black wasn't there

"It's a trap," Lucy's voice was strained in a whisper, "this was a trap."

"What do you mean?" Sawyer looked down at her.

"In my dream..." Lucy muttered, "I'm thinking Sirius wasn't here because we saved him, I think he came to save us..."

Everyone stared in silence, a pit growing in their stomachs.

"Harry..." Ron called.

Lucy turned to see he had strayed, standing curiously in front of one of the dusty spheres.

"Harry, have you seen this?"

They watched Harry turn around and bolt towards them, a crazy gleam in his eye.

"What?" He said eagerly as he ran.

They parted to let him through, upon seeing Ron just standing their, his face fell.

"What?" He repeated, glumly.

"It's—it's got your name on it."

This caught everyone's attention and the quickly shuffled over to see what Ron was talking about.

"My name?" Harry frowned, he stepped forward and craned his neck to see the dusty sphere on one of the higher shelves.

"What does it say?" Lucy asked, she was much too short to see small writing that far up.

"S.W.B. To A.P.W.B.D., Dark Lord, and, question mark, Harry Potter." Sawyer recited.

"What is it?" Ron asked, sounding unnerved. "What's your name doing down here?" He looked down the rest of the shelf, "I'm not here...the rest of us aren't here?"

"Harry, I don't think you should touch it," Hermione said sharply as he reached out his hand.

"Why not?" Harry froze, the tips of his fingers barely brushing the glass, "it's got something to do with me, right?"

"Don't Harry," Neville said suddenly.

Everyone's eyes snapped to look at him. His round face gleamed with sweat and his blond hair was sticking to his creased forehead. He looked as if he couldn't handle anymore suspense.

"Why not," Harry said boldly, "it's got my name on it," he grabbed the glass sphere and pulled it off the shelf.

Nothing happened so they all closed in closer around him, watching as he wiped the layer of dust that had settled on the orb.

"Very good, Potter" a drawling voice behind them made them all jump and freeze, terrified in place. "Now turn around, nice and slowly and give that to me."

Black shapes were emerging out of thin air all around them, blocking their way, left and right, eyes glinting through slit hoods, a dozen lit tip wands were pointed at their hearts.

Ginny gasped in horror from besides Lucy, desperately holding her wand out in front of her.

"To me Potter," a man with white hair, similar to Draco Malfoy's, stepped forward, his palm outstretched.

Harry didn't move.

"To me," the man repeated again in the same drawling voice.

"Where's Sirius," Harry demanded.