Chapter 26

December was snow, mistletoe and Butterbeer that warmed the soul.

"I can't wait for Christmas," Lucy leaned back on Sawyer, looking up at him through snow-coated eyelashes.

They sat in the snow by the frozen-over lake, the bitter cold nipped at their noses and fingertips, however they didn't seem to mind. A content expression laid on both their faces as their hearts beat simultaneously.

"I miss Pierce," Sawyer said randomly.

Lucy laughed light-heartedly, "Lucille Evans! Get up this instant! Your shift started an hour ago," she mocked the old barkeep.

"To be fair," a grin tugged on Sawyer's lips, "you are significantly late to nearly every single one of your shifts."

"But I've never missed one," Lucy said matter-of-factly.

"It would be pretty hard," Sawyer chuckled, "you just have to walk downstairs."

"Shhhh," Lucy laughed.

>•<

Ginny woke up to screaming, terrible cries of agony.

She shot up from her bed and ran to Lucy's, ripping the curtains open.

"What's going on?" Isla grumbled.

Ginny looked over her shoulder, Mary and Isla's curious eyes peered between their parted drapes.

"Somethings wrong with Lucy," Ginny said panicked, "one of you go get McGonagall!"

Mary ran out of the room, Isla sleepily tailing her at a slower pace.

"Lucy! Lucy! Wake up!" Ginny shook her friend as she let out another bloodcurdling shriek.

Lucy's skin was ice to the touch, Ginny jumped as Lucy began speaking through her screams.

"Attack. Snake. Blood." Lucy said through gritted teeth, she repeated the words over and over and over.

Attack. Snake. Blood.

The door swung open again and McGonagall came running in.

"Step back, Ms. Weasley," McGonagall said, concern laced in her words as Lucy let out another scream.

"Rennervate!" McGonagall waved her wand.

Lucy shot up in her bed and gasped for air.

"Ms. Evans?" McGonagall tried good draw her attention, "Ms. Evans, are you ok?"

"Someone's in trouble," Lucy gasped, "there's been an attack."

"An attack?" McGonagall frowned, "Ms. Evans, I think you had a nightmare."

"No!" Lucy insisted, "No! I was attacked, but it wasn't me! Someone's in trouble! There was a snake!"

"Professor McGonagall!" Mary came running into their dorm, "there's something wrong with Harry Potter!"

With one last glance at Lucy, McGonagall rushed out of the room.

"Let's go see what's going on," Ginny helped Lucy stand.