"You don't happen to have a girlfriend do you?" he stopped looking down. He raised his head up smirking a little bit realizing what I just asked him. It took him a while to come up with a response. Sorry I just had to ask.

"No I don't"

"Why not?"

"I don't know" he rubbed his chin. He changed the subject so quick. I was going to ask another question and right before I can ask him he opened his mouth before me asking me something else instead. Punk!

"Do you know what happened to Drew? I tried calling him but the guy is not answering"

"Oh he's on a business trip" I said stabbing the fork into the pancake "I thought he told you guys?" Deion nodded his head.

"He has a job?"

"Once again I thought you guys knew that?"

"Doesn't tell me shit!" I laughed almost spitting out the juice from my nose

"How's his dad by the way?"

"What you mean? My dad Lonnie?!" I pointed at my chest trying to sound more demanding and less concerned. Deion lifted his head up from the foam plate he was eating from and stared right into my eyes until his lips moved.

"No his biological dad."

"I don't know him."

"How come?" he asked "Drew talks about him all the time around us" I have never been more shocked in my life "He's been in contact with him for two years now Ellah. I mean you do know that right?" I nodded my head slowly losing my appetite. I watched him eat left over pieces of pancakes drenched in maple syrup.

"He can tell me about a business trip but won't tell me about his communication with his dad" I rolled my eyes. I felt so embarrassed. I thought Drew loved having my dad around. He always seemed happy to do fun activities with him, why all of a sudden he wants to flip the script.

" He's my boy" he carried on explaining himself "I mean Drew likes private business but stuff like this he should tell you. You are guys are pretty close" I looked down at my plate and bowed my head down.

"I should head home now" I got up getting my jacket on the couch. He got up too, walking right behind me.

"Look I don't think that's a good idea Elle," he pulled back my arm "It's pretty dangerous out there," I threw my jacket on me "There is no transportation." he pulled me back much closer to his chest. I could feed off the energy right off of his inked skin. Its like his tattoos were speaking to me.

"Oh yea says who?" his lips parted

"Says ABC 7!" He placed his hands over my shoulders "You won't make it through this snow storm. Besides it's still snowing crack out there" he rubbed my shoulders to comfort me even more. I walked away from him and headed into his room to put back on my pants. He followed after me again. I grabbed my jeans hanging off the closet door and forced myself to put them on.

"Ellah?" I ignored him. He stopped me from putting on my jeans. He looked at me straight in my eyes. He was speaking directly to my soul. My heart began pumping rapidly through my chest. I was starting to get nervous and as much as I'd hate to say this I was prepared for anything he wanted to do at this moment. The precious look in his eyes looked like he wanted to do much more than chase after me "Just stay a while longer," I looked down shying away from his grey eyes. He lifted my chin "Just until the snow clears"

Silence carried us to a peaceful moment.

"Fine," I said "I have to make a call though. Can I borrow your phone?" he handed me the house phone off the handset. He tossed it to me. I dialed my house number automatically.

Hoping Emily wasn't staying with her parents on the day of the storm, no one picked up. But if Emily ever did make it back, I left a message. I called her cell and left a message too. Once again no call back or anything.

I slapped the back of the house phone on my hand and prayed someone was worrying about me. Nope not a damn soul.

"Get lucky yet?"

"Nope"

"Stop getting all weird around me. I not the devil" his smile appeared on his face " Loosen up a bit Elle. I'm not going to hurt you" His presence is. I'm so nervous to be around him. Maybe I didn't say it directly to him but my actions showed it a lot.

He held on to my hands and rubbed them softly. He bowed his head down to my exact height.

"C'mon let's have our own little fun" he laughed "Play some poker. What chu' you like huh? Scrabble? Uno? You name it and we could play it!" I couldn't hold in my laugh.

"Get away from me" I laughed at him moving my hands away from his.

"Never."