Volume 7 (A New Approach)

Start from the beginning

???: This isn't the police station.

Qrow: It's... Atlas Academy.

The ship docked on a landing pad in front of Atlas Academy and was met by a pair of guards, who opened the ship's rear double doors to let RWBY, JNR, Arion, Oscar and Qrow exit. Ruby gazed up at the towering academy while more guards line up along the path leading to the building.

Ruby: I guess we will be seeing the General. For better or worse.

Arion: We'll see when we're inside. I wonder if we can see Nightingale... I must know if she's really the same woman I know.

The group headed up to the school while the man watched in confusion and curiosity from the airship.

Ren: So, what do we do?

The group found themselves riding a rising elevator inside the academy with their wrists still restrained, accompanied by guards.

Ruby: I don't know yet. But we should be careful with what we say.

Blake: We'll follow your lead, Ruby.

Ruby smiled but then started to look worried again. The elevator beeped as it arrived at its destination, and the guards escorted the group out into a hallway and down a flight of stairs. They arrived in a room just as Ironwood walked through, speaking to someone else.

Ironwood: I swear if I have to sit through one more council meeting like that...

He turned toward a small flight of stairs on his way to his office, accompanied by Winter, Penny and a hooded woman. Penny noticed the group and stopped with a gasp in excitement.

Penny: Yay, you're here!

Her celebratory greeting catched Ironwood, Winter and the woman's attention, causing them to stop and look. Weiss stepped out from behind Ruby and approached them.

Weiss: Winter.

Winter gasps lightly in surprise, and the sisters' reunion were quickly interrupted by Nora leaning in and holding up her bound wrists, grinning and waving her fingers.

Nora: Anyone wanna give us a hand with these?

Winter took a moment to collect herself, returned to her usual stern demeanor and addressed the guards.

Winter: You have ten seconds to take those off before I start hurting you.

Guards: *looking at each other in confusion* Huh?

Finally understanding the situation, the guards frantically began removing the bolases from everyone's arms with saying excuses, while Ironwood watched with a smile. The bolases fell to the floor, gaving off a purple glow and retracting the ropes before emitting a beep noise.

Ironwood: Please, come in.

The group followed Ironwood, Winter, the woman and Penny into Ironwood's office.

Ironwood: It is so good to see all of you.

Yang: *massaging her wrist* Our reception didn't really convey that.

Ironwood: *sighs* I sincerely regret how you were treated by my team.

Qrow rolled his eyes with a small huff. Ironwood walked behind his desk to sit down, and Penny and Winter took positions standing at either side of the desk. The woman leaned against a wall, arms crossed.

Ironwood: When a rogue airship entered our airspace, it raised some... red flags. We assumed the ship was stolen.

Ruby: Stolen?