He squinted, trying to adjust to the bright light that now filled the room. "What? What are you talking about?"

"Don't act so innocent, Gavin. You and I both know the truth. We know that you've been sneaking around with her for the past couple of weeks."

Gavin stared at you, his expression unreadable. "Oh. I see."

"Almost every night you smell like her. She's everywhere." You shook your head. "Are you in love with her?"

"What?"

"Are you in love with her? Tell me, Gavin. Tell me so that I can confirm my suspicions on you cheating."

Your boyfriend laughed. Coldly. "I see where this is going, Y/N. I--"

"Just tell me!" you snapped, getting out of bed.

Gavin went silent for a second or two. "Yes."

The tears came after that. You let them fall.

"Yes, I've been cheating on you. I love her, Y/N. She gives me more than you ever could."

You stared at him as tears ran down your cheeks. "What does that mean?"

"It means she gives me more attention than you!" His voice rose. "Don't you pin this on me, Y/N. You often smell like him. Like tonight."

"It's not my fault Paul and I hug a lot," you told him. "It's not his, either. We just like to hug!"

"Yeah and somehow his scent gets all over you. Every night you see him."

"I don't see him every night."

"Well just about!"

Silence.

"And don't act so innocent either, Y/N. I caught a glimpse of that red lipstick on your cheek before you wiped it off the other day. Care to explain that?"

"Paul was being friendly!"

"Friendly?"

You let out a cry of frustration before turning away from him. "Paul and I are friends. No more than that. But you, on the other hand, are not just friends with her."

More tears formed in your eyes. You didn't bother stopping them from streaming down your face. You wanted them to come. You wanted to cry.

So you did.

"How long?" you asked. "How long have you known her? I know you've been seeing her for the past three weeks but it has got to be more than that."

"Two months," he said softly.

You nodded, breathing in deeply before facing him. "I guess this is the end, then."

"I guess so."

"I'll um, pack my stuff." You went to the closet and pulled out two suitcases. Then you began removing your clothes and shoes from the closet.

You packed up everything. All your personal belongings. On the nightstand near your side of the bed, there were two pictures. One of them was you and Gavin back in the early months of your relationship, smiling and holding each other. The other was of you and Paul, smiling, the latter's arm wrapped around your waist. You had placed your head on his shoulder.

Your best friend took the picture.

Seeing it, you took the photo out of the frame and put it in your suitcase. Then you closed it before turning to Gavin, who was still in the room. "Well that's everything."

"Goodbye, Y/N," he said. "I did love you once."

You swallowed, then said, "I loved you, too."

With that, you walked out of the room and later the house. After putting everything into the car, you got in and drove off.

While driving, you thought about where to go. Your best friend was currently out of town so you couldn't go to their house. A few other friends came to mind but there was one you finally decided to go to.

Paul.

Well actually you didn't decide to go to his place but somehow you ended up there.

Standing at the door, you were about to knock when your eyes began filling up with tears. You wiped them away but that only encouraged more tears to fall.

Just knock, Y/N. Just knock.

So you did.

It took awhile for Paul to answer the door. He was surprised to see you but frowned after noticing the state you were in. "Y/N?"

"Can I come in?" you asked. "Please?"

"Sure." He widened the door.

You walked inside. After Paul closed the door, you hugged him immediately, sniffling.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly, stroking your hair. His question made you cry even harder. How can you explain it to him? Even thinking about it made you even more upset.

"He cheated on me," you said finally after a few minutes of crying. You sniffled again. "Gavin cheated on me."

"Oh, Y/N, I'm sorry," Paul mumbled, still holding you close. His touch was so comforting. You wanted to be in his arms forever.

"He cheated on me with some girl. I don't know her but apparently they've been sneaking around for weeks. That's why Gavin was mostly out all the time. He was visiting her."

Paul stayed quiet.

"I didn't know what else to do so I packed my things and drove over here. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, Y/N." He pulled back and cupped your face with his hands. A kiss was placed on your forehead. "You can stay with me."

"Thank you, Paul," you whispered. "I appreciate it."

He pressed another kiss to your forehead. You hugged him tighter, not wanting to let go. Both of you stayed like that for a few more minutes until you had to break apart.

You looked at Paul, taking in his appearance. As usual his hair was messy and tonight he clearly had a tired expression on his face. Nonetheless he had a certain gleam in his eyes. What was it, you didn't know. But you knew something else.

Something you were going to do.

Without uttering a word, you brought your face closer to his and kissed him.

It took a few seconds for Paul to kiss back but when he did, he pulled you close to him. Soft and slow, the kiss was.

You didn't want to stop. You didn't want to let go. Instead you just wanted to stay in his loving embrace for the rest of the night.

And that's what happened. Together you fell asleep in bed, holding each other lovingly.