The three girls wore annoyed looks as Stiles glanced back at them briefly, "Yeah. Uh, it's progress." Stiles muttered.

Lydia huffed, then looked at Kira and Malia, "Did you see anything?" she questioned.

"Barely." the werecoyote replied, "It had a strong scent, though."

"Like what?" Brooke asked.

"Like death."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

The baby blue jeep pulled up at la iglesia. The five of them hastily getting out, Brooke taking a while longer as the pain was still tormenting her body.

They saw Scott and Braeden carrying Derek between them. The group walked closer but stopped when they caught sight of what Brooklyn's dad looked like.

Tears welled up in the Hale girl's brown eyes as they raked over her father. "Is that him? Is that Derek?" Malia asked.

"Uh, sort of." Stiles answered, his eyes flicking over to Brooke to take in her reaction.

And he was right. It was Derek, but it wasn't.

There stood Derek Hale, but teenage.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Running in out of the rain, Scott, Lydia, Stiles and Brooklyn ran into the animal clinic; the alpha carrying a, now unconscious, teenage Derek.

Deaton cleared the table, helping the boys lay Brooke's dad on it. "Wow." the veterinarian stated as he had a good look at the werewolf.

"Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." Stiles exclaimed.

Deaton looked at the boy dubiously, "I think you might be overestimating my abilities." he stated.

Brooke bit on her bottom lip, hugging herself. She was so worried for her dad. What if they couldn't fix it? What would happen then? Questions swarmed her mind, the uncertainty of it all making her very anxious.

She grabbed ahold of her dad's hand but she furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed something wrong. "He's cold. Really cold." she told the group, her voice small.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked. He placed a hand on Brooklyn's back, rubbing it to try and bring her some comfort.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." Deaton replied. He started examining the Hale boy, shining a light in his eyes. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles inquired.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much." the veterinarian answered, "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

Stiles shot him a look, "You mean from Kate?"

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Brooke asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton said.

Stiles scoffed, "And bad for everyone else."

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. You all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton told them.

"Someone should stay with you." Scott stated.

"I'll stay." Brooke responded. Everyone looked at her worriedly, she wasn't in the best condition herself, she was the one who needed rest the most.
"I've missed six years of school, one more day won't hurt."