XXV. Fairy Lights

Start from the beginning

"You really have a way with words. Have you tried writing songs, by any chance?" The joke earned a giggle from Jisung, who then frowned and pouted. He mumbled something as he looked to his plate, but Minho wasn't able to catch it.

"Say that again?"

"Y-You didn't say it back." Jisung said it so softly, too embarrassed to say it louder than he had. He felt stupid for even wanting to hear the older say it because he knew Minho loved him, but he couldn't stop his insecure side to slip out. Minho's cheeks would definitely hurt the next morning, the smile turning into a warm grin.

"I love you too, Sung-ah. But you know that, right?"

"Of course! I-I just want to hear you say it all the time."

"Well, I love you." Minho stood from his chair, taking the two steps along the small table to reach his boyfriend who's face turned bright red. "W-What're you doing?" He spoke loudly as Minho grabbed onto his hand.

"I love you. I love you. I loooooooove you! Only you! I love Han Jisung! Love him so so sooo much!" Minho's other hand reached up and cupped one of Jisung's adorably puffed cheeks. "Okay, okay! I get it, s-stop!" Jisung giggled as he watched his boyfriend's dramatic acting, attempting to swat the hand away.

"What? Is it not what you wanted to hear, my love?"

"I heard it loud and clear! Now sit down and eat the food before it gets cold! I put all my love in it, I don't want it to be ruined!"

"Alright, but only for you." Minho's eyes were like crescents as he stood back up, only leaving to go back to his seat after kissing his boyfriend's forehead.

"Gosh, you're so sappy." Jisung chuckled as he was finally able to stuff the remainder of his food in his mouth.

"Says the one that just told me a love letter."

"Hey! I was just t-thanking you, you prick."

"I know, I know....

so did I mention I love you yet?"

"Minhooo!"

After their extensive meal, the two boys sat on the couch next to one another. Minho really wanted to watch a horror movie but unlike other times, Jisung refused. 'It is time for fun, not horror!' He had stated, and so the boys decided to somewhat meet in the middle.
The Nightmare Before Christmas. Jisung was all giddy and excited, Minho deciding it was worth not watching a scary movie for. He ended up actually enjoying the movie, liking Jack Skellington a lot.

"That was nice."

"Right?! Oh, oh! Can we give our presents now?" Jisung smiled, bouncing up and down the couch with his whole upper body in excitement. "On Christmas Eve? Isn't it supposed to be a morning thing?"

"I guess? I don't know really. I'm just too impatient and to be honest, I really like giving it at night. Waking up to presents is something kids would enjoy more, I guess. But we're not kids!" Minho frowned when hearing Jisung didn't know the basics of Christmas, but quickly smiled at him instead. No need to think sad things and ruin the moods. "Are you sure about that, mister 'I don't want to watch horror, it's scary'?"

"Positive! ... So... we're giving our gifts?"

"Alright, alright. But close your eyes or you'll ruin the surprise." Jisung gasped, putting his hand on his chest. "You didn't even wrap my present?!"

"Oh trust me, you'd know what it was even if I had. Now, close your eyes." Minho stood up from the couch once he saw his boyfriend had complied, (im)patiently waiting for Minho to get his gift. He walked into the storage closet, grabbing the guitar neatly hidden behind the vacuum cleaner. Holding it in his left hand, he turned around and could see his boyfriend from the hallway, smiling as he saw the boy kicking his feet repeatedly in excitement. Minho didn't say anything until he was directly in front of the boy.
"Before you open your eyes, I just want to let you know I support you and your future one hundred percent. I'll always be your number one supporter in your endeavor to share your music with the world and I hope that this will help you in some way... You can open your eyes."

Jisung had frowned upon hearing Minho's speech but as soon as his eyes opened and landed on the guitar, his mouth fell open. His eyes flickered back and forth between Minho and the guitar, unable to comprehend the gift for at least five seconds. Then, the tears appeared and flowed along his cheeks quickly after, one of his hands reaching for the guitar as the other hid his open mouth.

"M-Min! I can't believe this, oh my god. You... you got this? For me?! Babe, this must've cost so much oh god oh god."

"Sungie, it's fine. I saw you eyeing it in the store and couldn't pass it up. You spend your money on gifts for me and Binnie whilst you never buy anything for yourself, you deserve this. You deserved the best gift ever, I'd give you the world if I could."

"You're my world." Jisung said sarcastically, rolling his eyes to exaggerate his joke. He secretly wasn't lying, but he said it like that just so it wouldn't seem too cliché. "Thank you, Minho. I'll write so many wonderful songs for you, I promise! I-I'll even mention you in my 'thanks too'!"

"So... if I hadn't gotten you the guitar, you wouldn't have?" Minho smirked jokingly, earning a surprised gasp from the younger. "What, no! Of course I would have! Thank you Minho, I love you so much. Gosh, why did you go first, my gift sucks."

"Baby look at me." Minho grabbed Jisung's hands, the guitar now resting between the boys' legs. "I will love any gift you give me, because you gave it to me. I know that you struggled finding the perfect gift for me when we went to the mall, I will love anything."

"O-Okay... just sit here then, alright? I'll go grab it."

Minho nodded as he watched the boy happily skip to their —or well, his room. He chuckled to himself as he watched Jisung come out not even 20 seconds later, but the boy was now shyly walking towards Minho instead. He sat down beside Minho again, turning to the older.

"I'll give my speech on why I bought it when you've seen what it is. Open up, wonderboy."

"Was that really a Hercules reference?"

"Yes." Jisung handed the white giftbag to his boyfriend, who looked surprised by the weight of it. It definitely was heavier than what Minho had expected. He reached inside the bag and pulled out the neatly wrapped present. "Ahh, I should've wrapped the guitar after all, this is so much effort."

"Oh please, the man in the store wrapped it for me." Minho snorted at Jisung's blunt response and smiled, taking off the wrapping. His eyes went wide as he saw what it was. It certainly wasn't what he had expected and it could not be classified as the ordinary gift, but it felt perfect for him. It was a silver statue of a cat, about 15cm tall. It's eyes were a beautiful orange stone, and it stared right into Minho's soul. It was absolutely breathtaking. He turned to Jisung who fidgeted with his fingers.

"S-So... the main reason that I got this, is that I know you love cats. But it has a more personal meaning... You see, the cat usually represents rebirth right? Since they have nine lives? Well, I feel like since I met you, you changed my life for the better. It's almost as if you gave me a second chance at life, so therefor... a rebirth. Also, the eyes are a stone called 'Fire Opal'. It's meaning is 'to give joy to the heart' and that's what you do to me. You make me want to keep living, I never want to leave your side and you truly make me happy, hyungie. I— oh my god, you're crying! S-Stop crying! I- Oh my, uhh, I love you!"

"I love it so much... thanks Sungie. I-I'm so glad I'm able to help you so much, I'll always be here for you. I love you too." Minho smiled as he wiped away the tears that the stone itself stood for, reaching out his arms to embrace Jisung in a tight hug.

"Hah, thank god. Merry Christmas, Minnie."

"Merry Christmas, Jisungie."

———————————————————————————

Merry early Christmas, everyone. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I just hope you have a nice couple of days. (Super early wishes, but I don't expect myself to post again before then.)

Fire Opal actually stands for that. I wanted the cat to have orange eyes so I googled 'orange stones' and I got a list. Fire Opal was the first I chose to google specifically and it seemed to be a great fit. Cuties.

PS; the book will be ending soon.