𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

( book one , chapter four )

•

°

.

NO ONE

┈┈ ✦ ⋅ ⋯ ୨ "THIS IS VERY AWKWARD.." Natalie muttered, however the supernatural creatures before her heard it as clear as day.

The silence between the occupants of the room was almost suffocating. They made no move to harm the girl, in fact, the Mikaelson's were perfectly still. Their lack of aggression relaxed the girl slightly, but her knowledge of their suspicion about her still made the Freeman girl nervous.

They all stood in shock, ignoring the comment from earlier. Suddenly, a Swift swoosh was heard, and a body materialized in front of the human.

Elijah stood in all his glory, towering above Natalie, eyebrows furrowed, and eyes torched in genuine interest.

"Who are you?" The Original questioned. His silky smooth voice was firm, and knocked Natalie out of her stupor just as Klaus had earlier. She took a deep breath, feeling dizzy as she breathed in a smell that can only be described as cleanliness; fresh sheets, and an expensive cologne.

Deja Vu hit Natalie like a truck. Her only coherent thought was how oddly similar this interaction was to the one Elijah had with Elena months prior. Their first meeting was always one of Natalie's favorite scene's, but in the moment, it was incredibly frightening.

"This is freaky," was all Natalie said in  reply. With a newfound grip, Natalie gently pushed past the vampire and stumbled down the stairs, carefully. Her bare feet hit the pristine, cold marble sending a shiver down the girl's spine.

Now on the same side of the room, the Mikaelson siblings stared at the girl in a mixture of shock and interest.

There was something about her that pulled them to her; a connection that materialized at the mere sight of her.