𝑇𝑤𝑜

( book one , chapter two )

•

°

.

┈┈ THE  first thing Natalie registered was a sharp, pounding pain in the dead center of her skull. She couldn't hear anything but a harsh ringing that hurt her ears. It was like she was shocked with three thousand bolts of pure electricity. Her body ached and she slowly started to come to, which was even more painful then her half-conscious state.

In contrast to the harshness of her pain, soft, muffled voices began to fade into Natalie's unwilling ears. As the ringing subsided, the voices got louder— painfully louder. Natalie groaned, finally coming to. Her head pounded violently. Her eyes fluttered open, causing Natalie to wince at the brightness of the lights. Everything was hazy and Natalie saw double.

After blinking a few times, Natalie finally began to see properly.

Shaking her head in an attempt to wake herself up more, Natalie stared before her. There stood an average looking woman in a white shirt and boring two-thousands skinny jeans.

Natalie's eyes widened as the woman looked down at her with a seemingly permanent scowl.

"The KKK!?" Natalie shouted, her voice cracking and hoarse. The woman raised an eyebrow. Natalie tried to get up but realized she was tied down. Panicked, she began to strain against her restrained, eyes darting around quickly. She felt lead in her stomach. A terrible sense of dread fell on the girl.

'Did I seriously get fucking kidnapped!?'

The woman rolled her eyes, "No, i'm not the KKK." She said. Natalie didn't stop struggling however, she only kept at it— not believing a word the unknown woman said.

"Stop struggling." A male voice spoke. Natalie's eyes darted to the side where she saw another man in a black shirt and jeans walking towards her.

Natalie stopped struggling for a moment, staring confused.