Meeting The Others.

Start from the beginning

Steven and Amethyst had their eyes and mouths wide open, while Garnet was deep in thought. Her visor flashed as she took it off, revealing her calm expression and gaze.

A chorus of gasps quickly filled the room in response.

All three of her eyes drilled into Pearl's two as she asked her three very important questions.
"Are you sure you can look after Dawn, and still preform well in missions?"
Pearl nodded.

"Are you sure you can provide her with an education, and a healthy social life?"
Pearl nodded again.

Garnet put her hand on the gem's shoulder, as her gave somehow became more intense. "Are you sure you can love her as your own daughter, without neglecting Steven?"

"...Yes, I'm certain."

The fusion smiled and put her visor back on.

"Then we can keep her."

Pearl put Dawn down on the sofa and hugged Garnet.

Steven and Amethyst joined in, and the infant giggled in her pride.

"I just have one question... WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!"

Peridot:

Peridot sat in the dry bathtub with a cute (but dirty) baby girl. Shelby cooed and giggled, playing with her little toes. Peri watched her with interest and fondness. How did a being so small have such a big effect on her? She didn't know.

Finally noticing the dirt covering Shelby, Peri decided to clean her-but how? Time for another search on Steven's phone-he wouldn't mind.

Humming to herself, Peridot left the bathroom in search of Steven's Portable, Hesitantly Obtained Network Ecosystem, or P.H.O.N.E. for short. Instead of being free to complete said task, the blonde was confronted by Garnet, Amethyst and Steven. They all looked panicked, surprised and relived that Peridot was out of the bathroom, humming.

"Good day, fellow gems. I see that you have noticed that I am no longer sulking on the bathroom tiles. The reason being-I have found a new human companion!"

"Steven wasn't enough, huh?" Amethyst joked.

"What!?! No, that's not what I meant, I-"

"Relax Peridot, we know. Amethyst was just kidding."

"Oh, well I... I knew that. Obviously."

"Who is your, 'new human companion' anyway?" Steven asked, his voice laced with curiosity.

"And when will we get to meet them?" Amethyst followed, now interested.

"I suspect it will be soon." Garnet muttered.

"Your suspicions are right! You can meet her right now!" Peridot practically bounced off the walls with excitement and enthusiasm.

"She's in the temple!?!" Steven's question was answered by a quick nod. The green gem led them back into the bathroom. The miserable country music had been replaced by upbeat campfire songs, making the atmosphere feel lighter than it was. Inside the bathtub sat a dirty, yet happy baby girl. She laughed and made grabby hands at Peridot, seeing her.

Steven, Amethyst and even Garnet were shocked at this new and unpredicted development.

"Fellow gems, this is Shelby. I found her on the beach, inside a small basket. Isn't she adorable? Here, hold her!"

Unprepared, Amethyst took the blonde infant and held her gently.

"Shelby huh? I guess she is kinda cute." Everyone smiled. The Purple Gem coughed and held the baby away from herself.