What Exactly Is Love?

When I was younger
I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind

Dad threw a fit in the backyard while mom cried in the kitchen. I didn't know anything back then all I knew is that it wasn't well.

He broke his own heart
And I watched
As he tried to reassemble it

It didn't used to bother me and just kept in mind that my mum used to say; "Every couple fight Pansy, and they always get through it.

But they didn't this time.

I stood right before the window in my dorm looking out the murky waters of the black lake holding the letter my mom sent me through her owl.

And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget,

Dear Pansy,

Hello my flower, I know you're probably busy with school work right now, its the second term of the year right? Well I hope you're having a good 6th year there in hogwarts. I just wanted to inform you that me and your father are having a divorce.

We don't feel the same towards eachother anymore like we used to. Nothing's going right and we're sick of it.

We decided to go on our own seperate ways last week and the divorce will be finalized tommorow. Even though we seperated we still love you unconditionally.

Yours truly,
Mum

Even though the news saddened me, it didn't suprise me. I started to be self-aware about my parents problems when I was 13, I realized at that age my family could end up in shatters.

And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
If it does not exist, but darlin'

I walked out my dorm and headed to the common room when I saw him there sitting.

You are, the only exeption.