Chapter 5 - Regret

Start from the beginning

She then decided to give him a call.

“Hi. Lucas.” Emma said.

“Emma? Why didn’t you answer my call? I was worried.” Lucas said.

“I’m so sorry. My battery'sdied.” Emma said.

“It’s okay.. Uh, anyway I’ll pick you up at seven?” Lucas asked.

“About that.. I was wondering if we can take a rain check, maybe?” Emma asked groggily.

There was a brief silence before he answered.

“Uh, o-okay sure. Mind if I ask why?” He asked.

“Mmmm.. A family dinner! It’s just..there’s something to celebrate, so I cannot miss it.” She lied. She hate to lie, yet she already lied twice today.

“Alright then. Have fun. I’ll see you on Monday.” He said.

“Okay, bye.” She hang up the phone and sighed.

Why today? It’s like the universe is telling her something. But she didn’t know what.

Emma spent her entire day preparing for the concert. She pulled out all of her clothes from her closet and carefully picked an outfit of the day. Erica had to go home to attend the family dinner around noon so she couldn't help her today. She had made Erica promised not to tell a soul about her lie, and Erica agreed since she knew how much Emma like Aaron, so she was more than happy to help.

After Erica left, she started to get ready and she finished right before the doorbell ring. She was wearing a casual tee with short light jeans, and a pair of black vans. She decided to use casual and comfy clothes for the event. Well, she looks beautiful nevertheless.

Aaron picked her up and they drove to the Madison Square Garden, the venue. The tickets for the concert were sold out months ago, Emma couldn’t get one. So when Aaron asked her to come she was over the moon. Not only that she could finally watch the concert, she could also watch it with Aaron.

The entire place was packed with people, but they didn’t mind. They spent the entire three hours having fun during the concert. Emma was so happy, she didn’t even remember the last time she was this happy. During the whole concert, Emma couldn’t help but stole glances at every chances she got, not to see the band, but to see Aaron who was cheering and singing through the whole concert. She may like this Aaron more than she could ever imagine. Without they even know it, the concert was over.

Aaron and Emma were walking toward his car when Emma decided to check her phone for the first time in almost four hours. As soon as she unlocked the phone she was welcomed by numerous missed call and texts. There were 40 missed calls and more than 20 texts in total. It can’t be good. She nervously opened it and found out that 30 of those were from her mom and the other 10 were from Erica and Ella. She quickly dialed her mom, hoping that nothing’s go wrong with them. She had this sick feeling in her stomach as she waited for her mom to pick up her phone.

“Mom?” She asked nervously.

“Emma? Where the hell have you been??? I’ve been trying to call you since two hours ago!” Rachel said with an angry voice.

“I’m sorry mom. I left it on vibrate mode. What is it mom? You’re scaring me.” Emma said.

“It’s your grandpa....” Rachel paused.

“What’s with grandpa? MOM!!” Emma’s hands started to shake as her eyes started to get teary.

“He’s having another stroke. They brought him to the E.R and-” Rachel said.