Chapter 1 - The Green Geller

Chapter I
The Green Geller

Emma Green Geller is a daughter of Rachel Green Geller and Ross Geller. One day when she turned eighteen, her parents told her the story of how they met. She wasn’t like it at first, oh no, she hated it. They weren’t even a couple when they had her. Her parents’ history was complicated and messy. But now that she’s a grown up, she found it amazing how after all those years her parents feelings towards each other stay the same.

For as long as she remembered, both of them are happily married and clearly still in love with each other. True, they have fights sometimes, even a big fights also happened a couple times, but they made up eventually. Emma admires her parents and learnt so much from them. She hope one day she will also found the one, just like her mom found her dad.

It’s the year 2024. A few months ago, twenty two years old Emma graduated from her college. In 2020 she applied to Yale University for a Law degree, got accepted immediately, and graduated four years later. She dreamed on becoming a lawyer after spending time with her uncle, Mike Hannigan who was now still working as a lawyer for environmental law firm. She found it endearing on how a job can help makes differences to the environment.

Her mom, Rachel wasn’t quite happy with her choice at first, but after Emma explained to Rachel on her true intention on becoming a lawyer, Rachel quickly pulled her into a hug and she cried. Rachel was proud of her eldest daughter and more than happy for her. Meanwhile, her dad, Ross always supports her to apply on the most prestigious law school, Yale University. Emma wasn’t even sure she will be accepted, but when the letter of acceptance arrived at her house her dreams came true and she thanked her dad for encouraging her to apply in the first place.

As soon as she got accepted, her parents and her two little siblings helped her to move to the dorm in New Haven, Connecticut. It was a two hours drive from her house. During the weekend, she'd came back home to her house in Scarsdale. She wouldn’t mind spending her days off with her family, because she missed them so much. During her sophomore year, Emma, her mom, and her little sister, Ella went to visit Paris for a girls trip. They would go shopping and sightseeing around Paris for a week. Emma loves fashion just like her mom, but never intended to do it for a living and her mom is fine with that.

Back to present, Emma was moving her stuff into her new apartment that she shared with her cousin, Erica Bing in The Village area. It was a cramped two bedroom and one bath apartment. Emma got a job at the nearby Environmental Law Firm which she will start working on Monday, two days from now.

Her cousin, Erica is enrolling at Institute of Culinary Education. Erica followed her mom passion in cooking and she’s doing great at it. She even entered the famous Junior Masterchef competition when she was a kid. She didn’t win, but she managed to reached the top ten and their families, including hers are so proud of her.

Emma who had help from her mom, Rachel, was unpacking her boxes in her new bedroom.

“Where’s Erica? I haven’t seen her in a while. I did saw Jack earlier today at Mon’s, but she wasn’t there.” Rachel said.

“Oh. She’s on a date with this cute guy from her school. But promise me not to tell Aunt Monica and Uncle Chandler, okay? I wasn’t supposed to tell you this.” Emma said.

“Oh no. You do know I tell Monica everything, right?” Rachel asked.

Emma quickly regretted her decision to tell her mom. She knew her mom and her aunt talks about everything together.

“Mom!! Please! Erica will kill me if her mom found out! They’re only dating for a week now. Please?” Emma begged her mom.

“Alright fine. But if it’s getting any serious, you should tell Erica to tell her mom, okay? She hates being left out.” Rachel explained