"GOD! CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP!"

Amelia's eyes widened in terror, did she really just say that? She never spoke like that especially to adult! Sure everyone in the room was thinking it, but no one said, except Amelia. It was brave, stupid but brave and the words kept tumbling out like word vomit that she just couldn't keep in. 

"If you keep screaming do you think Hannah will get her solo back? Seriously? You're mad, so what! Life's unfair! We don't always get what we want, so suck it up Ann! It's not the worst thing in the world!" Amelia felt weirdly good getting all of that off of her chest, but at the same time she had the sinking suspicion that it would come back and bite her in the butt. Max nudged Amelia on the shoulder and gave her a mega watt smile, proud of her. 

Abby was giving off the same smile and clapped slowly. She said nothing about what had just happened and simply told the soloist that they had ten minutes to finish getting ready because she wanted to see their routines one time full out before they competed.

|| This is crazy! If any other child had said that, they would be destroyed but no! Amelia gets off scot free!|| - Stacey Ketchman

|| Was what Amelia said rude? Yes. But was it deserved? Also yes. If Ann keeps running her mouth someone's gonna say something!|| - Sandy Hatchet

First out of the changing room was Pressley, who looked darling in her pink dance dress, it was simple yet effective. The pale pink colour worked incredibly well with her skin tone, hair and the dress fit like a glove. So what if Abby didn't give a damn about the dance, at least she got a pretty costume out of it.

|| I love my costume! It fits great and I love the colour! I feel like a princess! || - Presley Hosbach

Some moments aren't gonna last forever, like Pressley princess moment. That moment ended almost as soon as it started when Hannah walked back into the room in her costume, it was quite obvious who got the custom costume and whose was ordered online. 

Hannah's costume was loud and rhinestoned to death!  It was gorgeous, especially considering the fact that Abby wasn't sure if Hannah was going to do her solo.

The girls immediately swarmed Hannah, fawning over her costume, except two. Pressley was expected but Amelia stayed with Pressley telling her how pretty she looked, and how she thought she had the best chance at winning, no one really ever told Pressley that. 

|| It's unfair! Pressley works so hard, she does everything Abby tells her to and she gets nothing! If you looked at Hannah's costume then Pressley', who do you think was made to win? || - Ashley Hosbach

Ashley was fuming, yet she didn't say anything in fear of Pressley getting her solo taken away, so she sat there stewing in her feelings. Well, stewing in her feeling while gossiping with Sandy about Ann's blow up. That and Ann's 'Karen Kut'  but that was a different story.

Brady, slowly entered the room slowly, not expecting a big reaction like the girls before him had gotten. But he got one, from Max. Max always the joker put on a valley girl accent and gush about how a-maze-ing he looked in his costume, which brought a smile to everyone's faces.

Everything was calm for a second, but the calm stopped as soon as Ms Abigail Lee Miller open her big mouth, "Soloist to the front, NOW!"  Three of her students rushed to the front exhibiting different forms of nervousness, Hannah was shuffling fro...

Everything was calm for a second, but the calm stopped as soon as Ms Abigail Lee Miller open her big mouth, "Soloist to the front, NOW!"  Three of her students rushed to the front exhibiting different forms of nervousness, Hannah was shuffling from one foot to the other making the rhinestones on her costume catch the light, Brady was shaking his hands out nest to his sides and Pressley, she seemed the most confident but if you looked close you would see her biting her lip nearly causing it bleed. Abby noticing this behavior began her speech, "Nervous?" The kids all nodded, "Good you should be. These are the first solos of the season and you all have something to prove to me, Pressley!" 

Abby' eyes stared intensely into the aforementioned girls eyes trying to see an ounce of fear in them, "You didn't even place in the overalls at Nationals, can you place now?" Pressley nodded feverishly, trying to keep her eyes locked onto Abby', "Let's see! You got a contemporary solo, should be easy to win with if you do it right!"

|| Abby said that it should be an easy win, but she didn't really care about my solo so I'm not sure if she want's me to win or not || - Pressley Hosbach

Next Abby' eyes zoned in on Hannah's form, "Hannah! You bore me! You don't engage the audience when you dance, you don't make me want to watch you so why should I?" Hannah went to answer the question when some but in.

"Abby! She's about to go on stage and perform for you, why can't you say something nice to her?" Ann was sick and tired of everyone's bulls**t and really was not going to deal with it.

|| I'm sick of everyone pretending that my child doesn't have feeling! News flash: SHE DOES! || - Ann Colin

Abby was so close to just pulling Hannah's solo, but chose not to in favor of yelling at Ann. Again. "Ann! I am sick of hearing your voice! Shut it right now! Especially if you want Hannah to have a position on this team next week!" This once again caused the room to go silent, desperate to know what Ann would say next.

But she didn't say anything and Abby took that as her cue to begin with Brady analysts, which was kinda similar to Pressley'. (Not that Abby would ever admit that). 

"Brady! You are coming off of an acting success, but a solo disaster! Ninth at Nationals?! Are you going to redeem yourself?" The boy quickly nodded, aiming to please Abby, "Good, I hope you will!" She turned to face all the children and silently rolled out of the room, expecting everyone to follow her, which they did, all buzzing with a good mix of nerves and excitement.

They were ready to compete. 

Sorta.

Hi... How ya doin?

So, uh, I know that this update has been a long time coming, so I hope you don't hate it?! Anyways, Happy New Year! Hopefully 2021 won't f**k as hard as 2020 did! Okay, so I am currently working on a new story that I would like to almost fully pre-write before posting so it is kind of time consuming but I will try to get these updates more frequent, I promise. 

Please remember to:

Vote

Comment

And follow!

I love you all, stay safe and

Peace Out Girl (and other) Scouts!