chapter 2

it indeed was the emerald-eyed boy that sat behind you in class.

"what the fuck are you doing at my house?" he asks hastily, a bit of smoke coming out of his mouth. your eyes shot over to the fat blunt sitting in his right hand. his body leaned against the door frame and that same disgusting expression on his face.

"can you please turn that music down? I'm trying to sleep. i live right there," you point to your apartment door and say quickly, trying to end any conversation between the two of you.

he crouches down to your eye level and looks into your pupils. he then takes a long inhale of his blunt and blows it right into your face. "no bitch, fuck off." he slowly stands back up and slams the door right in your face. you then hear him blast the music even louder than it was before.

you stood still in front of the same door in shock. what the fuck? you ask yourself, quickly pinching your arm to make sure that you weren't imagining this whole thing. you then cough because of the smell that surrounded your face, what is this guy's problem?

you run back inside and shut the door. you didn't realize until now but your heart was pounding outside of your chest and your palms were sweaty. you then grab your phone and headphones, heading to your room. you shut your door and put your headphones in, trying to drown out the thrashing music by listening to calming sounds on YouTube. it, unfortunately, didn't work, you could still hear the booming beat from next door over the loud sound of raindrops coming from your phone.

•••

it is now morning and you barely slept. I would say you slept for a wink but that's an understatement. your mom never returned from work but you did get sent a text saying "she was staying the night at work to finish a bunch of paperwork overdue."

you get ready for school, putting heavy amounts of concealer under your eyes to hide the black bags under them. you then dash out of the house, hoping to not run into the same boy with emerald eyes.

you get to school, twirling the ring that sat on your middle finger. it was too big for you when you purchased it, but now it fits perfectly.

you sit at your desk, avoiding eye contact with everyone that comes in.

"y/nnnn, how are you liking the school so farrr?" you hear the same familiar pitched voice from yesterday.

"oh hi aiko, it was okay," you say with a small smile.

"great!! how about I show you around this big place later today?"

you think to yourself, debating if getting a tour from a girl like her was the right thing. "sure, thank you."

"anytime!" she says to you, sitting down in her seat.

class begins and you realize that the boy was sitting behind you humming the same song from last night. is he trying to torture me? you thought, squeezing your hands out of frustration.

the teacher blabs on about whatever the topic is and you completely zone out. "y/n."

"oh yes ma'am?" you reply to the teacher, shaking your head to rattle back to reality.

"can you answer number 6?"

"oh um uh- you see i think it's-" as you try to come up with an answer by stalling but you hear a mutter from the boy behind you.

"dumb bitch."

"I'm sorry ma'am but I wasn't paying attention," you say, gritting your teeth.

"thank you for being honest but next time I won't be so kind." the teacher says, a small smile covering her real thoughts.

the class goes on and the bell rings. you then turn around and face the boy behind you. "what the hell is your problem? I just got here yesterday and you already act as you despise me."

"aww does it bother you little baby?" he says, pouting his lips to mock you.

"yes," you say with a sigh.

"well that's tough isn't it," he states, slinging his backpack over his shoulder and walking out.

"don't worry about him y/n, he's an asshole." aiko says from behind you.

"yea. of course. can we postpone this tour to tomorrow? I need to go clear my head." you say, making more of a statement than a question.

"oh of course! no worries." aiko sends you a small smile as she walks out the door.

you begin to walk home and get lost in your head. you really wanted to know what was going on with that boy. yes, he was a narcissistic dick, but something about him made you want to know more about him. it wouldn't hurt, right?

"oh hi hun!" your mother says from the kitchen as you open the front door.

"oh hello! I wasn't expecting to see you home," you say with a smile, putting the thoughts from before aside.

"well I have to come home sometime!" your mother says with a laugh. oh, how you loved her laugh. you rarely heard it so when you did it was angelic. it brought peace to your mind.

your mother seemed to be cooking something for you and her. it looked to be some chicken noodle soup since that's all there was.

"oh, mom do you need help?"

"I'm alright love, just go rest okay? you seem pretty tired."

"yes, I really am." your mother always knew when something was the matter. she never pried it out of you but instead waited for you to talk to her. she was such a sweet woman but you wish you could take some of the stress she had on herself and put it onto yourself.

you then go into your room and fall fast asleep before you could hear any noises next door.