"Yea sure" I said casually before locking my doors and joining him. We walked back inside the park in silence.

"So where are you from? " He asked, assuming he was trying to initiate conversation.

"I already told you that I'm from Holland." I unintentionally snapped. But I didn't like repeating things.

"No I mean where do you live now? "

I stopped to eye him weirdly. After all, I still don't know him, hence I don't trust him.

"Who wants to know? " I asked with narrowed eyes.

"Me... " He trailed off confusedly.

"Well you don't need to know that " I sternly stated with a shrug.

He watched me as if trying to assess me, but my face gave nothing away.

"What? " I snapped when it got too much.

"Are you always this edgy?"

"Are you always this annoying? " I shot back with a raised eyebrow.

"Touché" he mumbled as he pinched the air between his thumb and index and I actually found myself chuckling. This didn't go unnoticed by him of course, and his eyes lit up at the sound of my laugh.

Maybe he wasn't all that bad after all. I guess I can keep a good distance between us and be somewhat friends. I mean, even though I would never admit this to him or no one, I literally only had one friend. When she was busy I was mainly alone. And since I only talked to her fiancé when she was there, I wouldn't really consider him a friend either.

Deciding to give the poor guy a chance, I did something that I hadn't done with anyone but TT. I smiled.

Gosh I hope I don't regret this.

"My name is Aella" I told him with a shrug. "You can call me Aella if you want to"

I cringed at that very sentence. Nobody says that Aella! What else is he suppose to call you huh? Bob?

"I mean. That's what you should call me" I corrected quickly and I felt a strange warmness climbing up my neck.

What the actual f**k?

Okay this will not work. Back to being cold introvert Aella. Friendly Aella is making a fool out of herself.

"Your name is beautiful" He simply stated with a light smile on his lips. "Just like you"

I was struck completely by the compliment. It's been a while since I've had any good words being said to me. Its strange how 3 years can change somebody.

I just stood there with my mouth slightly a gape as I tried desperately to come up with a reply. I finally found something meaningful to say, but it was struck from me completely as my eyes widen at something in the distance.

"Get down!" I shouted as I pushed him to the ground and ducked quickly as the loud sound of a gunshot echoed through the thin air.

Screams could be heard all over as people scattered and I peered over the concrete bench to pinpoint who my attackers were this time.

I cursed lowly when I saw a very familiar face and I quickly ducked my head again when he shot at me again.

Is he crazy? Firing in broad daylight? Fine by me if he wanted to be caught by the cops, but I wasn't.

"Come on Aella! Let's get out of here I'll protect you" Mason rushed out as he attempted to pull me away.

"Protect me? You're too cute" I chuckled as I peered around to see if there was any way to escape. But if we should move now, we wouldn't make it out alive. Maybe I would take the chance on myself, but Mason's life doesn't deserve to be taken away simply by being next to me. That meant I only had one option.