69

Barba's POV:
I head down to the jail cell where Lewis is being held and offer him a plea deal.

"4 to 7 years? Nah!" He scoffs shaking his head.

"Let's hear him out Billy." The lawyer says and he sits down.

"You'll plead to 3rd degree sexual assault and larceny." I explain.

"What? The camera? She gave that to me!" Lewis scoffs.

"Shut up Lewis! Just shut up." Olivia scoffs.

"Does she have to be here?" The lawyer sighs.

"No it's alright Vanessa." Lewis says as he looks at Olivia.

"If this goes to trial, we will charge you with multiple counts of first degree rape and sodomy, false imprisonment, homicide." I state and they scoff.

"She had a heart attack. My client had nothing to do with that." The lawyer scoffs.

"And I had nothing to do with her being raped." Lewis states.

"No! Your DNA was all over her apartment and body. And given her injuries I dare your lawyer claims it was consensual." Olivia says as she walks closer to Lewis.

"She was obsessed with me." Lewis says as he stares Olivia down.

"No deal. My client is not guilty." The lawyer says.

"Your client raped and tortured a cultured 60 year old woman." I scoff.

"That jury will look at your client and see him for the scum bag he is. You're insane if you think that they will let him go." Olivia states calmly.

"You see this Vanessa. I told you." Lewis laughs.

"You're right. Mr. Lewis believes that Detective Benson and SVU have a vendetta against him." The lawyer states.

"You're unbelievable." Olivia sighs.

"You've had it out for me from the get." Lewis says smirking at Olivia and staring her down.

"Don't engage Billy." His lawyer orders.

"We'll see you in court." I say and we head out.

"Wait, how is that girl doing? The one who shared her dark side with me? Is she getting the help she needs?" Lewis asks making me stop in my tracks.

"She's not the one who needs help." Olivia scoffs and walks away.

"I wouldn't be so sure, the things she whispered in my ear as she beat me were pretty dark." Lewis counters and we leave without another word.

———

We go to court and hear multiple statements.

"The apartment was a scene from Hell. Blood and the electrical chords. Implements of torture. It smelled like burnt flesh." Elliot states.

"No further questions." I say.

"That is quite a vivid description. You weren't the only one who saw the apartment, is that correct?" The defense asks.

"There were other detectives there as well as crime techs." Elliot explains.

"Wasn't there also a citizen who entered the crime scene? One that had previously engaged with my client?" The lawyer asks.

"Objection. This citizen isn't allowed to testify on her own behalf according to the courts ruling, so it would be here-say." I say standing up.

"Defense, move on." The judge orders.