Chapter 8

"So where does Alexa sleep?" Tony asked. "She can stay at mine." Gibbs said. "let's go home."
*****
"This is a nice place."
"Thanks. Your room will be up the stairs on the left side. There's an en suite in your room." Gibbs said. "Thank you."
"I'll be down in the basement if you need."
"Okay. Goodnight Gibbs."
"Goodnight kiddo." Alexa headed up stairs. She changed and fell asleep. She was glad it was a dreamless sleep.
In the morning, Alexa walked down the stairs quietly in her heels. Abby made her promise to wear heels or she'll force the heels on her if she gets to the headquarters without it. "Morning kiddo." Gibbs greeted when he spotted Alexa. "Good morning." Gibbs took in her appearance. A black sweater and skinny jeans, a pair of ankle boots that's about 3 1/2 inches long. "Do you want coffee?" Gibbs asked as he served up toast and eggs on to the two plates. "Yes please." Alexa said and helped Gibbs bring the plate out to the dining table. They ate in comfortable silence and went to the headquarters. "McDonalds!" Tony exclaimed. "Do you want food Alexa?"
"No, I ate at Gibbs' house."
"... What did you eat?"
"Toast and eggs. Why?" Alexa asked as she shifted her laptop bag on her shoulder a bit. "I only got a piece bread to eat on the way out." Tony grumbled. Alexa was digging in her laptop bag. She walked to McGee's desk and placed something on the table, then she moved to Tony and Ziva's and did the same. "Sandwich?" McGee questioned, lifting up the sandwich wrapped neatly in cling wrap. "Breakfast. Eat healthy. Although, there is bacon. Fried bacon." Alexa said as she sat down at her desk that is beside Ziva's. The desk is now her working spot. "Got a case!" Gibbs announced. "What is it?" Alexa asked. "A dead marine." Everyone stood up and headed out.
"Who's that?" Alexa asked. "Oh. That's Ducky, our ME. That's Jimmy Palmer."
"Ah. Jethro... who's the beautiful lady here?" Ducky asked. Alexa walked up to Ducky. "I'm agent Alexa Rider. Liaison officer." She said as they shook hands. "Donald Mallard. Ducky. Aren't you a bit young?"
"Yeah."
"You're liaison for?" Jimmy asked. "Federal agencies."
"Agencies?" Ducky questioned. "Yep. MI6, MI5, CIA, FBI, CSI."
"Wow. Thats a lot..." Jimmy said in awe, "sorry, forgot my manners. I'm Jimmy Palmer."
"Hi." Alexa said as they shook hands. "So where's our dead marine?" Alexa ask. "Inside." They went in and set to work. They notice Alexa was staring intensely at the body. "Are you okay?" Ducky asked. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm just thinking... He look like he died for about 5 hours plus, I think... that gun shot wound wouldn't have killed him unless he bled to death, but he should have still been able to move with that wound and there isn't much blood around. This isn't the primary scene."
"Good observation!"
"Thanks. I'm going out for a sec." Alexa stood out side, looking around. They looked at her from inside the house, wondering what was wrong. Alexa suddenly held out an arm. A bird came to perched on her arm. A big bird. An eagle to be exact. She stared at the eagle while stroking its feathers. Then the eagle flew off slowly. She ran after it. "Alexa!" Tony exclaimed and ran after her. They all did. She came to a stop in an alley, the eagle was hovering above a big bin that was really tall. Alexa jumped up and stretched out her legs so she's doing a spilt and the walls support her mid air. She used it to climb higher than the bin. "What do you see?" Gibbs asked. "A gun." Alexa replied as she took a picture of the gun before swinging herself so she is upside down but she suspended mid-air with her spilt. She took out the gun and gave it to Gibbs who held out an evidence bag for her to drop the gun in.
"How did you know the gun was there?" McGee asked as they walked back to the house. "The eagle."
"How did you know the eagle knows?" Tony questioned. "It's a secret." Alexa said, a look left her face as quickly as it came. It looks haunted, like she was upset. They chose not to press any further for now. What is that secret?! Argh. We know nothing about her!!