Happy New Year

An AU where there's no VILE or ACME, just Carmen being a young adult, who's about to meet the love of her life😉

Carmen let out a long, exhausted sigh as she stepped inside the busy club, the loud music blaring through her ears as she made her way past the drunk partygoers.

She was never the type to club, she'd rather have a nice little get together with her friends at their houses without some creepy man asking her to dance or hook up. But spending the New Years at a local club was what her close friend, Ivy wanted, and she had to respect her wishes.

Now, Carmen was attempting to find Ivy, which became a little challenging with the huge amount of people at the club. But soon enough, Carmen finally found her friend standing on the other side of the dance floor.

A small smile formed on her bright red lips as she walked up to her friend.

"Took you long enough!" Ivy yelled over the loud music as soon as she noticed Carmen.

Carmen laughed, "You know how much I hate clubs."

"I can tell. You didn't even bother to wear that sexy red dress I suggested." Ivy said, pointing at Carmens outfit.

(This was Carmen dress)

"Well I didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention

"Well I didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention."

Ivy laughed, "You always try to look less attractive, but you'll always be the most gorgeous chick in this room."

Carmen rolled her eyes, "Thanks, Ivy."

"Anytime! Now, I've gotta catch up with Zack before he does something stupid. I'll talk to you in a bit."

Carmen waved as she watched her friend disappear into the wild crowd. Once she was out of sight, Carmen shifted her gaze across the club, looking for something to do to kill time.

It was currently 10:30, in less than 2 hours it would be a brand new year. Yet Carmen wasn't in her brightest spirit like everyone else. She felt empty and a bit lonely.

Carmen couldn't help but roll her eyes, "Man, I hate the club." She said, deciding that it would be best if she just got a drink to pass time.

She turned around and made her way over to the bar. As she got closer, she studied her surroundings, taking note of all the enthusiastic dancers and partygoers. Her gaze shifted to some of the people sitting at small tables next to the dance floor and that's when she saw... him.

A tall, muscular guy. Sharp jawline, chocolate brown eyes, dark brown hair, a fair tone of skin and an attractive smirk that made Carmen feel a certain way... He wore a leather jacket over a navy blue shirt along with dark ripped jeans and Converse. He was sitting at a table, drinking a glass of beer all by himself.

For whatever reason, seeing him made Carmen's heart stop. And no matter what she tried, she couldn't take her eyes off the handsome stranger.

Carmen was tempted to go talk to him, to get to know him. But she eventually decided not to, thinking that it wasn't worth wasting his time. Besides, she didn't come here to hang out with strangers (even handsome ones), she came here to 'celebrate' the new year and leave.