"You know I think we should stay in for a couple of days, close off the world and just lay in bed" you sigh taking off John's blazer and putting in on a kitchen chair.

"That would be nice" John smiles. "You want me to put on the fire ?"

"Yeah please, I will go and get changed" you smile heading upstairs, John's  footsteps getting further as he heads into the living room.

You change into one of John's old jumpers (Polly gave him but it was too small) it came above your knees, the sleeves over your knuckles. You tied your hair in a low bun letting the smaller pieces of hair frame your face.

"Hey want some tea ?" You ask once you got to the bottom on the stairs.

"No found your whiskey" he chuckles.

You chuckle walking to make your tea, waiting for the kettle to whistle. Holding the hot mug of tea in your hands you walk into the living room finding John leant against the sofa whiskey bottle next to him, his eyes glued onto the fire. You sit carefully next to him, putting the mug to the side, you put a leg over him. John placed an arm around your shoulder hugging your side into your body.

"I didnt like you going on that date" John confesses after a few minutes of silence.

"Why ?" You ask leaning your chin on his shoulder.

"Because I love you" he says confidently, not daring to look you on the eye incase you didnt love him back.

You place a hand on John's cheek making him look at you, his eyes begging you to say those three words back.

"I love you too" you reply with a smile.

"Good cause I dont want you with any other man with my girl" he smirks, kissing your forehead.

"I like you calling me your girl" you giggle.

"Yeah well my girl is the most stunning, amazing girl out there" he whispers, his lips lightly grazing over yours.

You press your lips on his, John smiles into the kiss. Your hand slides from his cheek onto his chest, John's arm still wrapped around you, the other placed on your thigh slowly making it's way up. A knock at the door interrupts your kiss.

"Ignore it" you whisper pressing your lips on his again. The knock only getting louder. John groans pulling away from you.

"I will go and answer it and kill the fucker who is on the other side" John gets up, walking toward the front door. You giggle and follow stopping by the kitchen door out of view of the guest.

"James, Mate what are you doing ere ?" John greets, your eyes go wide.

"Is y/n in ?"

"No she has left" John says making you raise your eyebrows in confusion.

"Left ?"

"Yeah for America said she wanted to start her life there with you" John says.

"America ?" James's voice become more and more confused.

"That diary she took and said she wanted her life to start there with you and you should meet her there"

"With me ?" James voice now excited.

"Yeah, said you were soulmates and you would find each other in America" John suppresses a laugh.

"Right well I better get packing" James laughs.

"See ya mate, tell y/n I said hello" John waves with a mischievous grin.

"Will do, bye!" James shouts already running down the road.

You walk up behind John placing a hand on his arms as you both lean out the door watching James shout happy things and running into the distance. You both look at each other and start laughing.

---

The laughter didnt die out that night and neither did the love for the rest of your life. You didnt see James after that night ever again, his family said he had met a girl on the boat to America anyway and were now married. So were you and John with three children. You married your best friend, your partner in crime, you man. And John married his best friend, his partner in crime and his girl. Life was amazing with John and you wouldn't change it for the world and neither would he.

Hey everyone, first of all thanks for 10k reads, I really appreciate the love you all send me. Secondly unfortunately wifi atm at home is limited meaning I only get a little a day. I have written loads of imagine that hopefully will be out soon including some requests. I also will have a new imagine book out soon. Sending all the love, the author xox